Updating the database in 2.5

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

pilight

Updating the database in 2.5

Post by pilight »

Why doesn't it work? Why do we get "Error writing to file"?

After some research, I have a theory.

I went through the Change List to see what the last updates to go through were. It was 12 June 2016, when IceTea added Vissia Trovato and made a batch of other changes. Those show up fine. The next update on the list was 16 June 2016, where he made another slew of changes. Those don't update on 2.5 nor any others from that day on.

Looking at the Change List for 16 June 2016 I noticed something odd. Bear added three venues that day and they're showing in the fighter list. I looked through all 210 pages of changes and those are the only venues listed. I suspect the game is trying to add them as fighters then stopping the update and showing the error message when it realizes they aren't.

I don't know what, if anything, can be done about it but that seems like a likely answer to why updates quit working in 2.5.
pilight

Re: Updating the database in 2.5

Post by pilight »

OK, I'm an idiot. I was thinking like a person instead of a computer.

I went into the config.ini and changed the time stamps for updates to 20200117, the date of the last update listed on the Change List. It worked! The latest updates loaded just fine. So, I figured we could skip over whatever file is causing problems by setting a later date. I switched to 20170101. Error, error, error. Tried 20180101. Error, error, successfully wrote biographies! At 20190101 I got success on all three. Now experimenting with dates to try and isolate the problem(s).
pilight

Post by pilight »

Fighters and RatingRecords work if you set the date in your config.ini to 20180516. Biographies work if you set the date to 20170217.

That means the Fighters/RatingRecords error is in the 5/15/2018 update and the biography error is in the 2/16/2017 update.
pilight

Post by pilight »

NOTE: The presence of problems on those dates do not preclude the possibility of other problems between then and August of 2015 when the new database went online.

There were only a couple of bio updates on 2/16/2017. Aside from some inconsistent spacing there's nothing apparent in what's shown on the Change List to suggest why either would be causing errors.

Same story on 5/15/2018. Only a few updates, none with obvious issues.

Of course I don't have database access, so I'm pretty limited in what I can see and even more so when it comes to doing anything about it.
pilight

Post by pilight »

TB2013 will add fighters without RatingRecords while 2.5 will not. The next step in this project was to identify fighters who show up in 2013 but not in 2.5. 73 such fighters were found:

x Angel Acosta
Michael Arango
x Jose Argumedo
x Clive Atwell
Teodora Bacheva
Booker Beckwith
Jessica Belder
Nicki Bigwood
Christophe Bizot
Arlene Blencowe
Robert Feliciano Bolonti
Liz Butler
Paul Butler
Leroy Caldwell
x Luke Campbell
Yamil Caraballo
Amanda Carriere
x Jack Catterall
Samuel Colombian
x James Dickens
x Daniel Estrada
x Remo Fernandez
Saxon Harrison
x Joksan Hernandez
Kaelon Hollon
Kumiko Seeser Ikehara
Marina Isami
Mika Iwakawa
x Albert Johnson
x Saul Juarez
Tewa Kiram
x Andrey Klimov
Juliane Koffnit
Konni Konrad
x Tomas Kovacs
x Kristijan Krstacic
Dmitry Kudryashov
x Sydney LeBlanc
Rey Loreto
Peggy Maerz
x Guadalupe Maria Antonia Maldonado
x Eduardo Martinez
Tony Masiarelli
Esther Matshiya
x Andy Mejias
x Richie Mepranum
Igor Mikhalken
Ivana Mirkov
Lillian Molala
x Go Odaira
Kumi Oishi
Buangern Onesongchaigym
Carlos Ortega
x Warlito Parrenas
Adela Celeste del Carmen Peralta
Endrimar Pirona
Angi Paola Rocha
x Fahsai Sakkreerin
Olga Salas
x Edgar Santana
Bintou Schmill
x Michel Soro
Melania Sorroche
Nina Stojanovic
Vanesa Taborda
Kei Takenaka
x Keith Tapia
x Silvia Torres
Ana Cristina Vargas
Fernando Luna Velez
x Jayson Velez
Felix Verdejo
Khlaid Yafai

The ones marked with an x had a tbdx file I found posted on the boards, and so could be added to your database manually.

Whoever has access to the database should reupload these rating records.