Keeps Crashing Constantly

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

RWJones212

Keeps Crashing Constantly

Post by RWJones212 »

First of all, let me say I'm really enjoying this rendition of the game. I am busy working on my Heavyweight Universe and it is really coming together. However...

This game crashes on me everytime I play it. It used to crash on what I would call like the sub screens, such as venues, organizations, rankings, etc. However, it also crashes at the worst possible places like during tournaments and fight cards. It is getting incredibly frustrations, as it crashes 100 percent of the time within I'd say 30 minutes of playing.

I am not very computer savvy, so I don't really know what info you may need, and I also don't know how well I will respond to the help you provide, so please put it in layman's terms for this simpleton.

I am running it on Windows 8 on a dell inspiron laptop, for what that is worth.

Again, really enjoy the game, just getting too frustrating to play with a 100 percent crash rate.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Keeps Crashing Constantly

Post by Paul Norman »

I am glad your enjoying the game, but I am rather concerned you are experiencing crashes. I would like to work out why if you will help me..

First, what version of the game are you running? You can see this in the ticker bar bottom right when you are standing outside the gym.
Second, did you start a new game or import a 2.5 saved game?

Can you find a pattern to the crash? Does it crash when going to a certain page? or with a certain fighter? etc..

If you can find a way to reliably repeat the crash it will greatly assist me in finding and fixing it...
RWJones212

Post by RWJones212 »

Paul Norman wrote:I am glad your enjoying the game, but I am rather concerned you are experiencing crashes. I would like to work out why if you will help me..

First, what version of the game are you running? You can see this in the ticker bar bottom right when you are standing outside the gym.
Second, did you start a new game or import a 2.5 saved game?

I am running Title Bout Championship Boxing 2013 Release 1.0

Can you find a pattern to the crash? Does it crash when going to a certain page? or with a certain fighter? etc..

I can't find a pattern to the crash. At first I thought it was when I looked at the organizational rankings in my universe, but it has been in every phase of the game including during a fight, the post-fight judge screen, and the gym screen. There doesn't seem to be a pattern, no. I can't find a way to reliable repeat the crash. It seems totally random.

If you can find a way to reliably repeat the crash it will greatly assist me in finding and fixing it...
RWJones212

Post by RWJones212 »

Additional, I started a new game, not an import from 2.5.

Thank you.

Incidents of crashes -

1. While using the search feature to look up a fighters record. (after approx. 30 min of play)

2. While using the search feature again (5 minutes later) I'm sensing a trend going to try to recreate again.

3. This time I was clicking on a match under a fighters personal record. As I clicked on a particular fight it crashed again.

It seems we are seeing a pattern, but I swear it's crashed at other places, but this is pretty consistent obviously.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Ok, can you email your game to someone@pisd.co.uk with a short reminder of the issue and I will have a look. It seems to me there is a broken link in the data that is causing this... Once I know which link it is I can stop it happening...
RWJones212

Post by RWJones212 »

Paul Norman wrote:Ok, can you email your game to someone@pisd.co.uk with a short reminder of the issue and I will have a look. It seems to me there is a broken link in the data that is causing this... Once I know which link it is I can stop it happening...
How do I e-mail the game exactly (and I do mean exactly, lol) Again, not the sharpest tool in the refrigerator when it comes to computers.

Edit - I think I am literally doing what you are saying, by sending the "entire" game, as in 6,748K of game. Hope this is what you meant.

Edit 2 - Nevermind, Gmail says I am not allowed to send executable files. I will wait for reply on what to do next. Thanks.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Sorry, my bad, I meant to say "saved game"... I not too familiar with Windows 8 but there will be a file browser there somewhere. Once you have found it go to "My Documents", then into the "tbcb2103" folder, then the "saved_games" folder. You should now see a folder with the name of your saved game, go into that. In there you will see a file "gamedata" that what I need to you email to me.

Good luck..
RWJones212

Post by RWJones212 »

OK, I believe I sent it.

Thank you for your help!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

RWJones212 wrote:OK, I believe I sent it.

Thank you for your help!
Yep, I have got it... soon as I get my iPhone fixes finished I will run it up and let you know what I find...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I have found and fixed it. It appears you have deleted fighters that were referenced from history records. It will be in the next release.
RWJones212

Post by RWJones212 »

Is their a timeline on the next release? Also, when "we" update the game do we just hit "update" on the start up screen or will there be a separate prompt of some sort?

Yes, I can certainly see why that would be a problem. The reason I did it was because as I advanced further into my universe I started to delete fighters that have amassed a poor record, as in "they weren't good enough to be in the universe anymore." However, I can certainly see why this would pose a problem. If I would have deleted (or not included) fighters prior to having fights I'm guessing this wouldn't be a problem. The reason I write all this is so that others may find it should they have a problem and also because I like talking about my universe a bit, lol.

Thanks for your help.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I want to get the next build out as soon as I can. I have a number of issues that I need to fix.. I am progressing as fast as I can...