Assigning pics to generic trainer and cutman ?

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

boss1968

Assigning pics to generic trainer and cutman ?

Post by boss1968 »

Can it be done in TBCB 2013 ? :mrgreen:
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Assigning pics to generic trainer and cutman ?

Post by Paul Norman »

I have never tried, however the game uses "<lastname>_<firstname>.jpg" with spaces removed for image filenames. The generic cornermen have a blank first name and the title as the second name. This means you should be able to use this filename to set the default cutman picture:

"<GenericCutMan>_.jpg"
boss1968

Post by boss1968 »

Paul Norman wrote:I have never tried, however the game uses "<lastname>_<firstname>.jpg" with spaces removed for image filenames. The generic cornermen have a blank first name and the title as the second name. This means you should be able to use this filename to set the default cutman picture:

"<GenericCutMan>_.jpg"

Paul, didn't you reply to me on the OOTP board with this solution ? ;) But it didn't work for me, as I wrote on there, as well.

Can you type EXACTLY how you named the generic trainer/cutman pic and I will copy and paste it exactly as you did. :)

Thanks !
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

What is in the "" quotes above is a copy/paste from the filename I used.. Its silly having the conversation in two places, so I will ignore this topic on the OOTP forums and focus on it here ok?

(I thought it was you on both forums, but as I was not sure I felt a double answer was better than someone being ignored ;))
boss1968

Post by boss1968 »

Paul Norman wrote:What is in the "" quotes above is a copy/paste from the filename I used.. Its silly having the conversation in two places, so I will ignore this topic on the OOTP forums and focus on it here ok?

(I thought it was you on both forums, but as I was not sure I felt a double answer was better than someone being ignored ;))
No prob, my man. Let's stick here. :mrgreen:

I did copy/try it as you wrote it and it still didn't work. I then tried my pics with the 'real' trainers, and it worked with them, so my issue is the generic one not working.

Dumb question, perhaps ? : Are the '<' marks supposed to be in the line ?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

boss1968 wrote: Dumb question, perhaps ? : Are the '<' marks supposed to be in the line ?
Yes, as they are in the generic name. There are no spaces either... What OS are you on? I wonder if the system is filtering out the < and > chars.. Can you create a new game with < and > in the name?
boss1968

Post by boss1968 »

I'm using XP. And when I try to add the '<' characters in the name line, it gives me an error saying any filename cannot have '<' in it. So that is prob why this isn't working for me, as I can't add the '<' in the name.

Oh well, I just thought it would be nice to have actual pics of the generic cornermen, as I use them for every bout. Looks like I will have to just accept the fuzzy Eddie and Sam pics.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OK, I will filter out the < and > in the next build. I was not aware Windows did not like it...

Thanks for helping me find it...
boss1968

Post by boss1968 »

Windows XP hates it, Paul. LOL It was very nasty to me, when I tried to add those '<' lines. :evil:

Thanks for helping with this issue for the next build ! :)