Game Loads Slowly

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

popimorenito

Game Loads Slowly

Post by popimorenito »

Greeting. I apologize in advance if this has been asked already. I recently purchased TBCB 2013 for Mac. I've installed the game and went through the whole process of setting up a universe. However, what I am experiencing is slow load times when I attempt to load my saved game. As I write this, I'm waiting for the game to finish loading so I can actually play it. I started at 9:35 and it is now 10pm and the game is at 72% (Load Ratings). I have a broadband connection and my computer has 2GB of SDRAM and 0ver 50 GB of harddrive space.If anyone has had this problem and overcome it, I would appreciate any input you have to offer. I work and go to school so time is valuable to me. The little bit of free time that I have I would like to be able to enjoy and this isn't helping matters. Thank you.

Moreno
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Game Loads Slowly

Post by Paul Norman »

Is this creating a new game or loading one you have already played? If it is creating a new game, this is a known issue. It boils down to the database consisting of hundreds of XML text files. These are slow to open and process, esp on Apple Macs. I am trying to work out a better way to handle this without loosing the flexibility of individual files.
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Greetings, Paul and thank you for responding to my post. This refers to loading a saved game. It slows down considerably at the 72% mark where it loads the ratings. It takes approximately 45 minutes for the whole thing to load. Also, something else has happened as well. Twice, after going through the process of loading an already saved game, I have had problems with the game crashing. After I have added the Teofilo Stevenson tbdx3 file to the database and after deleting all active male fighters and all female fighters from the particular game that I created (I'm attempting to create a game of retired male boxers), I have twice attempted to put together a fight between Evander Holyfield and Teofilo Stevenson. When I enter Stevenson as the opponent, the game crashes. I restart the game, gong through the whole 45 minute to an hour loading process, and all of the fighters are back in the database, and my game (universe) disappears.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I have fixed a few issues in this area recently, so please keep an eye out for the v1.1 release as it will prob fix your crashes. The slowdown however is a bit more puzzling. My first thought is about your memory. Can you check out how much you have free before and after loading the saved game please. Second, how many fighters do you have in your saved game?
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Greetings, Paul! I'm on a Macbook that has 2GB of SDRAM and over 60 GB of harddrive space. Before loading the game, 1.25 GB of free ram. After the game has loaded, I have 1.18 GB of free ram. There are 6028 fighters in my saved game. I figured out why the game was crashing and it was because I was trying to import a tbdx3 file for use in the game. I think those files are for Windows system. So I just copied the information that was on the tbdx3 file over and made a new fighter.There is still the problem of slow loading of the saved game though. This is still the case even when I am not running any other programs.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Does it pause at my particular part? If so what does the dialog say at the time?
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

It pauses at 72% Load Ratings and also at Load fighters.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Can you email me your saved game with a quick note so I can look into it... someone@pisd.co.uk
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Sent it off today before class.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I replied to your email... On my system the game loads in around 3 seconds! I have asked you to do a few checks for me and email me back... ta ;)
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Yesterday I went out and bought a laptop pc and an iMac. I decided to just install the game on my pc and it's doing fine. I deleted the game off of my MacBook and attempted to install on my iMac and the proces is even slower. So the solution for me is to just play the game on my Windows pc. I appreciate all of your help. One more thing though. I will be uninstalling the game from my iMac (once it's installed: it's been 24 hours and it's still in the process of creating a game). Once I uninstall it, the license be good in case I wish to install it somewhere else? Because I noticed that when I attempted to run the game on my pc, the game was blocked and so I had to use my second license.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Before you uninstall the game on one of your computers, go to the options screen and release the license. This will make it available for use on another computer.

I just tried loading a game on my Android Phone and it took about 2 mins to load. I have just fixed a Mac bug where the game is taking up too much CPU time. It might be that this will help. Try again with build 1.1 and let me know if it helps.
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Hi Paul! Well, I had already deleted the game off of my mac before I saw this post. So I reinstalled and then installed the patch but then I was having the same problem with it stalling while updating the latest data. It's ok. I have the game on my pc and it's fine. There is one thing though. I installed the 1.1 patch in my Windows version of TBCB and am now getting a blank picture frame in between rounds. This is something that I've never encountered. I'm adding an attachment of the screen so that you can see what I'm talking about. I do have a question for you. I have begun my first fight card with 6 fights scheduled. After every fight there are stats but there is no link to update the fighter records. Is that something that will appear after the fight card is completed rather than on a fight by fight basis? Thanks Paul for your help and your patience.
popimorenito

Post by popimorenito »

Apparently the file of the screen shot is too big to upload here. I posted over on the OOTP bulletin board and the screen shot can be seen there on the Post TBCB 2013 issues here thread.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I have found and fixed this....