Blacklisted License?

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

zerwau

Blacklisted License?

Post by zerwau »

Here's an unusual one. When I choose a universe to start the game I get a licensing screen. It contains my proper license, but it says: "Your license has been blacklisted on this system as it is in use elsewhere". I've been working on these universes for the past couple of days w/o a problem. So far I've only used one of my two licenses.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Blacklisted License?

Post by Paul Norman »

I am assuming you have only used the one computer... For some reason the copy protection thinks your comuter changed, see here for options to fix this:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

What OS are you on?
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

Thanks for the response Paul. I'm using Windows 7. Here's something else. When I look in the program files I find tbcb.exe and tbcb32.exe. I can start the game from each of them. Is this right? I know my way around the computer a bit, but I'm far from an expert.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

ah, that will be why the system thinks you are running two computers and blacklisted you. The best option is to ignore the tbcb32.exe its only there in case someone has trouble running the 64 bit version. On early 64bit systems this was an issue on some hardware but nowadays its almost redundant.
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

Would I be better off just deleting the tbcb32.exe? When I try to load from either one I'm blacklisted.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Yes if you wish... If the tbcb.exe runs there is no need to keep the tbcb32.exe. I think you license has got totally confused now tho. You will need to release it as explained in the FAQ under the stuck license section.
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

Success! I released the license per the instructions. I then reentered my code. No more blacklist. Hope it continues in that vein. Now I just need to solve the problem of importing my tb2.5 universes, which is in another thread.