Ageing Process

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

gladiator

Ageing Process

Post by gladiator »

I have brought this up before and apologies if it's already being worked on but I have just noticed something else.

When a fighter finishes the post-prime era he/she goes straight to retired on the fighter screen but on the fighter details screen is being shown as career end, the fighters era however is set to retired.

This has the effect that the fighter loses his/her ranking (if the option is set to rank active fighters only).
gladiator

Re: Ageing Process

Post by gladiator »

This now appears to be working fine with version 1.4, just one tiny nit-picky little thing though, when the fighter finishes the post-prime part of his career I am getting the message that he has retired, but he is now actually going to the end stage of his career.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

woops, I will look at the trigger for that message...
gladiator

Post by gladiator »

oops !!!

All is not well with ageing.

Although fighters are going to career end they are losing their ranking and being removed from the auto scheduler.

Easy enough to add them back to the auto scheduler but can't do much about the ranking.
gladiator

Post by gladiator »

Okay, I've had a better look at this.

When a fighters career stage changes from "post-prime" to "end", his era is changing from "active" to "retired". This shouldn't happen until he finishes the "end" part of his career.

Because his era is changing too early he is removed from the auto-scheduler and loses his ranking (if, as I do, you set the option to only rank active fighters).

Of course this can all be changed back manually for each fighter when he reaches the "end" stage of his career but it would be a lot easier and a lot less fiddly if it happened automatically like it's supposed to.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Can you please check you are running version 1.4 as I thought I had fixed this...
gladiator

Post by gladiator »

Yep, definitely says version 1.4 on the options screen.