Will game self destruct w/o internet?

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

count_herout

Will game self destruct w/o internet?

Post by count_herout »

Dear Paul,

A few of us actually read the EULA agreement, and one element troubled me, viz., that the game "could" stop working if one does not have an internet connection.

How likely is this to happen? One of my two computers commonly is disconnected from the internet for extended periods of time because its normal location does not have an internet connection at all (including e-mail). And, said computer is the one on which I most commonly use the game.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Will game self destruct w/o internet?

Post by Paul Norman »

I am glad there are at least some people who read it through. If you look it reads "The Subscriber will make an Internet connection available to any Software using the Webstore if and when required.". This is not specific as different games will implement the webstore controls differently, but in the case of Title Bout there is an offline registration mode. So when it says a connection is to be available it does not need to be direct. So long as you can access a web-browser with the manual registration string you will be fine.

See this FAQ for more info on the offline mode:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

Forgive me (I'm just stupid).

So, what you're telling me is that, if I buy the game, if I hook each computer successively to the single net connection and download A license for each, both games then will continue to work correctly, even though one is disconnected from the internet and normally is located in a non-internet location?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Thats the idea...
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

Unfortunately, Paul, your answer is bad dope (the EULA agreement literally is correct). :o

When one disconnects a computer from the internet, one gets a polite, little note that the license is "outdated" and a reminder to make sure one is connected to the internet.

My second game is not working, though I did bring my computer with me and assume that, once I reconnect, the license will reactivate.

Unfortunately, that doesn't do me any good (I also assume it will deactivate when I disconnect it again).
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

Has TB2.5 been permanently deactivated?

I bought a disk for it when I purchased the game, and I just got a new computer; but, after installing the game, the shortcut does not work, nor can I start the game directly from the program list.

Obviously, something is wrong.

This is another computer which won't be attached to the internet, so substituting TB2013 isn't an option (see previous post).
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

After you last post I had a look into this and I found a bug in the offline licensing which is now fixed. So with v1.3 onwards the game will behave as I explained in the post above. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Until then the license will timeout every week.. :(

I do not know anything about the 2.5 licensing as its before my time. Have you tried contacting eLicence directly?

I will post on this forum as soon as version 1.3 is up for testing as it will be your fix...