No Access to Imported 2.5 Fighter Records

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

count_herout

No Access to Imported 2.5 Fighter Records

Post by count_herout »

Anyone else having this problem?

My game crashes every time I first select a fighter imported from 2.5, then try to look at her stats or settings.

Message always is the same: tbx3 has stopped working. Then Windows closes the entire game.

If all I do is select a pair of fighters, the game runs fine on automatic; but, I'm unable to set, e.g., the trainer, cut man, nationality, or get at the settings without inducing a complete shutdown.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: No Access to Imported 2.5 Fighter Records

Post by Paul Norman »

Please email me your TB2013 saved game with the name of a fighter that is crashing to someone@pisd.co.uk and I will take a look..
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

My mistake, Paul: The error which generated the shutdown was: tbcb.exe has stopped working. It then asked me to send a report to Microsoft, so that they could take a look at it.

I don't know if this be related; however, I updated some of my security programs at the time I downloaded the game. The new AVG [2014} promptly picked up two files it said were "infected" plus a "hidden driver." It quarantined, then deleted the two files, but all attempts to remove the driver are ineffective (on reboot, it just keeps coming back).

It has occurred to me that the new AVG doesn't like your game. The online security forums say the AVG message has something to do with games, and the problem arose right after I updated the AVG.

I'm going to rip the game out and reinstall it, then test it to see if it works, then run the AVG again to see if that screws it up

If that isn't it, I'll send you what I can. Whatever the result, I'll let you know what I find.
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

There is something wrong with the imported fighter file, itself (I tried others, and they work).

I'll assassinate the file and import a replacement. It probably failed to load correctly when first imported (I've had that happen before in 2.5).
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

If you're running a 64 bit OS, which is the norm now, you may need to delete tbcb2013(32).exe...the 32 bit file sometimes causes issues. Might not have anything to do with your issue, but I've a feeling it could.