Hard Drive Crash

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

gerrytrujillo

Hard Drive Crash

Post by gerrytrujillo »

I've got two universes going on at once. I have one on my I-Mac and I've got the other one on my I-Pad. The one on my I-Pad is my secondary universe, due to my already documented issues (See my other post authored by gerrytrujillo for an explanation). However, I've had no choice but to make it my primary universe after the Hard Drive on my I-Mac went belly-up. It has been rather devastating because the plot was begining to thicken in each weight class and I had already put in about 9 weeks of work into it. In any event, my question is this: If I send the damaged Hard Drive to get the data retrieved, will I be able to salvage my old universe without losing all the records/fights that had been saved? If so, how do I put it back onto the new Hard Drive? :?: :?: :?:
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Hard Drive Crash

Post by Paul Norman »

I am sorry to hear about your HD, its only when stuff like this happens we think of backups with regret. In future, and for others reading this, if you don't want to loose your games add "Documents/tbcb2013" to your backup system.

If you are short on space or have not customised any images you can just back up "Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games". This is the folder you want to get back from your hard-disk. If you are unable to get the whole folder the file that holds all the game data, but not bout reports etc, is "Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games/<game_name>/gamedata". That is the absolute minimum you need to salvage from your disk to continue playing your game.