Problems with 2013 v1.4

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

aross

Problems with 2013 v1.4

Post by aross »

This post is going to seem long so I apologize, but I appreciate any help. I tried to read through the thread to make sure these problems haven’t already been dealt with. I have 2013 version 1.4 and it’s updated. If there is anything else you need to know, let me know.

I purchased this game about a week ago, and although it has a lot of promise, there have been some problems with it that have prevented me from enjoying it just yet.

First, I don’t know if anyone else is experiencing this, but I sometimes run into a bug that prevents me from being able to select a certain fighter. I’ll explain exactly what I mean. I am running a fictional universe with randomly generated fighters just to play the role of promoter/matchmaker. It seems that either every so often or after a certain number of randomly created fighters, there is a bug/error that occurs. One newly created fighter will almost take the place of a previous fighter. For example, let’s say Fighter A is a veteran boxer, and I create a rookie Fighter B. Nothing seems amiss at first. Both fighters are in the fighters’ locker. However, when I open scheduler, if I want to schedule any bout involving Fighter A, whether against Fighter B or anyone else for that matter, I select Fighter A and it says I have clicked Fighter B.

At first I thought this was because when I created Fighter B it somehow overwrote Fighter A. So I tried deleting Fighter B and creating a new random fighter C. This temporarily solves the problem. Now if I select Fighter A in scheduler, it says I have selected Fighter A. However, Fighter C is now causing the same problem to a different veteran Fighter D.

I saw Sam3sam’s post from the other day on the other forum, and I might be having the same problem.

I had only created 170 fighters, so I doubt it is too many or at some maximum number. Again, I appreciate any help.

My second problem is less serious and easier to explain, and I hope it has an easy fix. The auto-aging doesn’t seem to be working in this game. I have age by number of bouts checked, show notification when fighter ages checked, and auto aging is checked on all my fighters. Is there any other setting or option that could be causing fighters to stay at beginning instead of aging? Thanks for any help.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Problems with 2013 v1.4

Post by Paul Norman »

First point, there are a number of issues relating to the RFG which I am looking into and this is one of those. I am unsure why its happening but rest assured its in hand.

Second point, have you checked in the options dialog that your aging settings are sensible, see here:
Options Dialog Help
aross

Post by aross »

Thanks for the reply. Where can I look to see if you announce when the RFG is fixed?
Calitodeathvalley

Post by Calitodeathvalley »

I read aross' post and I am continuing to have that same problem with not only the RFG fighters, as this problem has spread to other fighters (non-RFG). Additionally the game is arbitrarily changing fighter's weight divisions. Is there any fix. I refuse to delete then re-download the game any more. Have done that already about a half a dozen times. I have been a loyal owner and supporter of TBCB in every one of it's editions going back to the Avalon Hill days. Unfortunately in it's current version I am spending infinitely more time trying to figure out/deal with/post about issues that prevent me from playing the game, than I do actually playing the game.

Look, I love this game and want it to work badly enough that I would be willing to fork out even more money for a license if the bugs this game has would be fixed. Sadly enough the amount of major issues this version continues to have that are not being fixed is mind numbing and I'm about ready to throw in the towel.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Some basic research into the RFG indicates that most the issues appear when there is a low number of fighters in the table, say under 100... So if you start a game with an empty fighters db and create a fictional one something goes wrong. You can get round this by startin the game with all fighters, using the RFG and then deleting the unwanted fighters from the database. This can be done easily by asigning fighters to a group which you then use to select them later on.
Calitodeathvalley

Post by Calitodeathvalley »

Sorry Paul but I had (have) roughly 4000 actual fighters in my DB before I used the RFG and I have tried the fix you explain above on more than one occasion but it has not worked in my case.
aross

Post by aross »

I found ways around the problems I had been having, but now the game crashes whenever I use auto scheduler.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

This can be caused by a link to a deleted fighter in your autoschedular saved settings. There is an option to clear this. If you supply the "--restoregame <name>" command line option it will clear down the autoschedular, tournement and fight card info and save the game as "<name>.restored". If you then rename the file to remove the ".restored" you should be able to load your game and use the autoschedular.

Make sure you keep the saved game from before you restore it in case somehting goes wrong. If you are using Windows or are not sure how to supply command line arguments, see the TB section in the skinning document for an explaination of how to do it:
http://www.pisd.co.uk/company/docs/skin ... g_skinning

If this is all too complex, zip up your saved game and email it to someone@pisd.co.uk with a message saying, "Please reset the autoscheduler data..." and I will send it back done...
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul, are you aware if anyone else using Windows OS is having problems opening and printing html pages? I have the game on two different laptops running two different versions of Windows and both still have problems with being able to, for instance, print rankings lists or see detailed scheduler results.

I don't use the RFG because of glitches, so I just copy existing fighters and tweak them to create new fighters. I've had problems with both individual imports and RFG boxers.

I consider all my purchases of TB 2013 to be an investment in the completed next version sans bugs. :mrgreen:
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

For the printing I rely on the print feature of your web browser. So is your problem that the log don;t open in a web browser?

I really want the next release to be more solid. I am hoping much more will be found at beta testing stage. I know you have time constrains, but I do hope you can join us as I am sure you will find a lot of these issues if you are on the beta team!
Cap

Post by Cap »

Yes. Most if not all html pages will not open. Bout logs, Autoscheduler results, etc. Used to be able to print rankings too by exporting the page to excel before printing.

Looking forward to seeing the next edition before I depart this mortal coil...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Most if not all html pages will not open
Is it that your web-browser does not start or does the start ok but fail to show the TB html output?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:
Most if not all html pages will not open
Is it that your web-browser does not start or does the start ok but fail to show the TB html output?
For instance. I go to an organisation's rankings, click Edit and Print All. A window opens with nothing in it. When I hold my cursor over the tab just opened it reads: C:\Users\Name\Documents\TB2013\Saved_Games\Game2\reports\All Rankings.html

Something similar happens when I run a bout with scheduler and then try to view the summary. Blank screen.

By the way, time for a brief pep talk over in the old forum. Nice if you could put up one or two screen captures of improvements and a short report on what you're working on presently.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote: For instance. I go to an organisation's rankings, click Edit and Print All. A window opens with nothing in it. When I hold my cursor over the tab just opened it reads: C:\Users\Name\Documents\TB2013\Saved_Games\Game2\reports\All Rankings.html
Ah, so there must be somehting wrong with that path. First can you check to see if that file exsits on your hard disk. If it does try copy/pasting these links into your browser:

C:\Users\Name\Documents\TB2013\Saved_Games\Game2\reports\All%20Rankings.html

file:///C|\Users\Name\Documents\TB2013\Saved_Games\Game2\reports\All%20Rankings.html
Cap wrote:By the way, time for a brief pep talk over in the old forum. Nice if you could put up one or two screen captures of improvements and a short report on what you're working on presently.
Good idea, I will put something together in the new year!
Cap

Post by Cap »

Tried both. Says file can't be found or does not exist. In the reports folder all html files are 0 KB, even "All Rankings" and "Rankings". In the scheduler_results folder all html files are 0 KB.

As for the other, think of me as the native scout who reports back to the post that the natives are restless and an uprising may be imminent. When you are feeling up to snuff, your presence there is required.
prismark

Post by prismark »

I bought this game yesterday and have exactly the problem described. Was this fixed?

To reexplain:
1) Fighters records do not update (this affects about 50% of the universe, almost exactly)
2) When picking a fighter whose record does not update manually from the scheduler, another fighter is selected

Thanks
jamesmadden97

Post by jamesmadden97 »

prismark wrote: Sat 07 Mar, 2015 5:31 am I bought this game yesterday and have exactly the problem described. Was this fixed?

To reexplain:
1) Fighters records do not update (this affects about 50% of the universe, almost exactly)
2) When picking a fighter whose record does not update manually from the scheduler, another fighter is selected

Thanks
Number 2 is my issue. Shame this isn't answered for anywhere on the forums.