RFG Problems

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

monagfam

RFG Problems

Post by monagfam »

I believe I posted this in the past on the OOTP site, but I don't know if it was addressed --

I have been trying to build a universe of "stiffs" to help pad some records (in most cases) in the early part of a "real" fighters career. As part of this, I tried to divide my universe by regions.

I first came across this when I setup an Africa-only game, where I only used African countries in the nation file. I randomly generated 100 fighters (with a few exceptions, I'd usually create 95 and a few that weren't countries on the nation file). I saved these fighters, would re-do the nation files with all countries, and then upload the fighters into a new game. When I did, I would get quite a few "fight recored already exists..." messages, which seemed odd.

So, I dropped the region-based-RFGs I was doing. The problem still continues for me...

If I use the RFG, it appears to be working ok. Then, I'll noticed that a fighter from Ghana, for example, has a hometown of Mexico City. If I dig deeper i find a nickname that doesn't apply...and then there is a Boxrec record pointing to a "real" fighter in Mexico City with the same nickname, etc.

Is anyone else seeing this?
monagfam

Re: RFG Problems

Post by monagfam »

In addition, I guess I am seeing a lot of rating and divisional changes on these RFGs.

I was focused on the JBW division, and now it's full of a lot of highly rated FWs.
Calitodeathvalley

Re: RFG Problems

Post by Calitodeathvalley »

This is a problem that I continue to have among many others. I have fighters that have changed names, countries and 3 or 4 weight divisions all on their own. Really want this version to work but there are just way too many issues. Going back to 2.5
monagfam

Re: RFG and Fighter/wt division changes, etc. Problems

Post by monagfam »

I thought I would bump this as I continue to have this problem. I wish I could pinpoint the problem. I know that the random fighter generator seems to be a key. This last universe attempt I had over 11.000 fighters (original DB + the various fighter packs/misc fighters from the OOTP forums). Everything seemed to be in order, so I made some RFGs...made some groups...moved some fighters...updated everyone to beginning, etc._

The next time I got into the game...half of the Strawweight RFGs became Heavyweights....then I noticed that non RFGs were changed. Fighters that were moved to beginning were now in their Prime and had two ratings, so it's as if something got updated that I didn't intend.