Having Issue Playing On Android

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

JayDaBodyBag

Having Issue Playing On Android

Post by JayDaBodyBag »

Hi, played the demo of the game on PC and loved it, so I bought it on Android a few days ago. However it was not working, refunded it, had refunder's remorse, and became dead set on getting it working on my phone, because simulators make good basis for fiction, and simply because it's just plain fun.

My phone model is the LG G3, Android OS, v4.4.2, and every aspect of the game operates fine (Keyboard takes forever to type but that's not as big an issue as the crashes,) except for actually starting a match of any type, because I get the error "Fatal error! Error reading .dat-file! Program terminated!"

This occurs no matter what fighter, no matter the gender, no matter the rules, anything. This is frustrating because I can do everything with the boxer BUT fight. I tried the fix suggested on the wiki page, both the delete cache and file copy methods, to no avail. So I'm relying on hearing from support. I could not find a crash log or any other way of indicating what exactly is happening, but I do know that there is no .dat file related to TBCB, only the .obb, unless I'm wrong.

How do I fix my game? Because I don't want a refund, I want it to work.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Having Issue Playing On Android

Post by Paul Norman »

That is very strange as I too have a LG G3, I think its a great phone! The .dat message appears when the app is unable to find the commentry .dat file which is packed in the .obb file. This means one of two things, 1) the obb file is corrupt or 2) the game is being confused as to the location of the data.

I really need to see the trace output, so either find a Android log viewer app in the PlayStore or if you can install the "adb" developers tool which will allow you to view the Android logs on your PC making copy and pasting the output a breeze.

The good news is, TB2013 runs fine on my LG G3 so the phone itself is capable of running TB. We just need to work out where the gremlin is on your phone and fix it!
JayDaBodyBag

Post by JayDaBodyBag »

I'm trying to get you these logs, however I've gone through 6 apps and 3 programs and I cannot actually get anything, many of these apps are saying I need a "root" file, or something along those lines.

I'm not a programmer, so I have no idea what I'm actually doing, but so far I've got a lot of dead ends and no logs.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OOTP have just reported a different issue that also effects the Android data system so I am looking at an alternative system. Please bare with me while I research my best way forward.
JayDaBodyBag

Post by JayDaBodyBag »

Certainly, I can wait.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Can you email or PM me your google email address you used to buy the game so I can add you to the beta testing group. Then you can download and test my fix to tell me if it has worked.