Data Disappeared

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

gdogg

Data Disappeared

Post by gdogg »

I opened the game today to find that all my data in m current game had disappeared. 0 Fighters, 0 history, 0 divisions, 0 everything. Completely empty. I assume that the data is in my computer somewhere. Anybody know how to recover it?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Data Disappeared

Post by Paul Norman »

You don't say if its on a computer or a handheld device. I will assume its a PC... If you go to "My Documents/tbcb2013/saved_games". Copy your game folder so you have a backup in case something goes wrong. Then go into the game folder and copy gamedata.bak to gamedata. Then try loading your game again. This will roll back your game to before the last save. So as long as you did not save the empty game you will be restored back to your last working load.
gdogg

Post by gdogg »

Perfect! That worked...
Cap

Post by Cap »

This all begs the question why on earth did that happen in the first place? This is potentially disastrous if you accidentally saved the empty game. Seems like you would lose everything. Not good for some of the old AUs in the community.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:This all begs the question why on earth did that happen in the first place? This is potentially disastrous if you accidentally saved the empty game. Seems like you would lose everything. Not good for some of the old AUs in the community.
Without information on what happened I can only guess, but the most likely cause is that the game was interrupted during a save. Or another reason could be that the computer was not shutdown fully, say a powercut, someone tripping over the power lead or holding the power button for 10secs or more. If any of the last options occur you should scan your disk for any errors ;)