crash

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

jeff1787

crash

Post by jeff1787 »

I recently deleted most of the fighters in my universe so now I only have middleweights. Now when I try to start a fight from any screen (auto-scheduler, fight card etc) the game immediately crashes. I have release 1.4 on a PC with windows 7. It worked perfectly until I started deleting fighters.

Thanks
Cap

Re: crash

Post by Cap »

Might be good idea to send Paul an email and include a copy of your game. That is what I did a few days ago.

Cap
pilight

Post by pilight »

The game doesn't seem to care for people deleting things. I deleted a fight (after the game wouldn't let me edit it) and now I can't start or import new universes.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Yeah. That might be part of my problem. I had deleted a few fighters prior to my crash.
jeff1787

Post by jeff1787 »

Cap - How did you resolve your problem?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Haven't resolved it. Game still crashes. I'm hoping to hear back from Paul soon.
jeff1787

Post by jeff1787 »

Paul can you please see my original post to see if there is a fix...thanks
jeff1787

Post by jeff1787 »

I just reinstalled the game and the problem is still there!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

PLease zip up your game and email it to someone@pisd.co.uk so I can have a look
jeff1787

Post by jeff1787 »

sent it...thanks
Cap

Re: crash!

Post by Cap »

I started having the problem with boxers changing career stages. Most were Beginners suddenly converted to Prime. When I opened the Ratings they had two or more Prime ratings and no Beginner rating. So I removed the extra Prime ratings and used the Mass Edit device to set them to Beginner. When I went out and then back in the game crashed.

Here we go again.

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Whoa! what are you ding Cap? hehehe Maybe you need to join the TB3 beta team to make sure these bug are really squashed!
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:Whoa! what are you ding Cap? hehehe Maybe you need to join the TB3 beta team to make sure these bug are really squashed!
That sounds like a plan. In the meantime can you fix the game I sent you? If deleting the boxers I mentioned in my email (Not Tandberg or Koski) will help, feel free. Those other four or five seem to be the problem.

Cap
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

nice cathc one cap!!
Cap

Post by Cap »

I'm going through the boxers in my universe one by one, deleting anyone who has wonky ratings. When I click on an individual fighter and go into RATINGS and click on EDIT to see the career stages, I'm finding some odd stuff. One had two Beginner ratings and no Prime (Default Rating). Another had 4 identical Prime ratings. One had a Pre-Prime and a Beginner rating (No Prime) and both had DEF box checked off. I've found 20 of these weirdos. I've also found 10 guys where the SOURCE indicated is RFG and I haven't used the Random Fighter Generator.

Cap