Crash when using RGFs in auto scheduler

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

Magus978

Crash when using RGFs in auto scheduler

Post by Magus978 »

Having been a fan of TBCB 2.5, I bought this game last night thinking I could relive the fun I had with 2.5. However, I've run into a big problem that really does not sit well with me at all.

I like to start my saves with an empty database and use a fighter generator to quickly make a crop of rookies to battle it out for championships. Unfortunately, there's one big problem with this whole thing. When I go to auto-schedule fights, the game crashes and every time it does, I bang my fist on my desk in disgust.

Now, I remember reading on the OOTP developments forums that there are sanity-breaking issues with the random fighter generator...but those issues had been posted a few months ago, so I figured by now the RFG would be usable.

I've rambled enough, so I'll get to the point: Is there a workaround that would allow me to still use the RFG for my fictional guys and not have it crash? This is bugging me to the point where I'm thinking of biting the bullet and buying another copy of 2.5 just so I can have the stability for my fictional meandering.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Crash when using RGFs in auto scheduler

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi, there is a known issue when using the RFG on an empty fighter table. The RFG uses the current fighters in the database to 'tune' the new fighters stats. The best work around is to start a game will all fighters, add them to a new group, for example "delete me". Run the RFG to create your new fighters, then delete all the fighters in the "delete me" group.
Magus978

Post by Magus978 »

Paul Norman wrote:Hi, there is a known issue when using the RFG on an empty fighter table. The RFG uses the current fighters in the database to 'tune' the new fighters stats. The best work around is to start a game will all fighters, add them to a new group, for example "delete me". Run the RFG to create your new fighters, then delete all the fighters in the "delete me" group.
Thank you for the reply Paul. I will give this suggestion a try. :)
Magus978

Post by Magus978 »

I can report that this workaround was successful. This issue can be considered resolved.

Thank you again, Paul :D