Can't create new game

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

ahall

Can't create new game

Post by ahall »

First of all, I love this game. I played the original board game back in the late 80's and was psyched when I found this version online. I'm super psyched for the Manager mode version to be released and will absolutely be buying it.

I'm running tbcb2013 v1.4 on windows 7 pro. I've been playing for a few years now off and on. Just recently, I started up again with a new universe idea and had a number of crashes (never happened before). I figured I'd just start from scratch so I uninstalled and deleted everything tbcb related from my computer. I reinstalled and uploaded new data base from the new server at tbdata.titleboutboxing.com. But it won't let me create a new game. It doesn't give me the option of bringing any fighters into the a universe and won't let me proceed without them.

I've tried it multiple times now. Uninstall, reinstall, re-download database...

One weird thing is each time I update fighter pool, I get a different number of each record... It's usually 9202 fighters, but the ratings are between 700 and 5770 entries, the bios between 700 and 9195 entries. And if I update and then update immediately again, I get a different number of records downloaded. (Everything below the fighter bios usually stays the same... 29, 148, 376, 148, 41, and 628).

Any thoughts on why I can't create a new game?

Thank you and keep up the great work!

A
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Can't create new game

Post by Paul Norman »

This seems strange, I few things to try. If you have not already done it use the "Update All" option which should bring down the same number of fighter each time you run it. Tho I might go up a little if the DB editors add a few new fighters.

If you go to "My Documents/tbcb213" you will see a data folder, rename it to data.old and start the game again. This will reset your data to the version supplied with the game.
ahall

Re: Can't create new game

Post by ahall »

Thanks Paul. I kept following the same process of uninstall, delete everything, reinstall... and eventually it worked. Happy to be back on.