Play by Play WISH

Do you have an idea or improvement for TB? Or you can see what others are sugesting.

Moderator: Infinity

boss1968

Play by Play WISH

Post by boss1968 »

Okee doke, after a few dozen bouts now, I need to add another 'wish', to my wish list (seems like I'm the only one who has wishes, here 8-) ) :

A better Play by Play execution. :mrgreen:

Even on SLOW, the scrolling goes too fast, especially when several lines are bunched together as one big paragraph ! IE : when cuts happen, or ref stops bout to confer with doc, etc. There is no way to read all of that dialogue in one shot. :ugeek:

So my friendly suggestion (and it is friendly) for the next build would be : a single scrolling line by line play by play. That way one can read each separate line as it appears, instead of an entire paragraph, that shoots across the screen like a Roy Jones Jr. three punch combo.

Anyhoo, just my two cents, gentlemen. So far, the game is absolutely great, it just needs a few tweaks to make it double-great ! :o
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Play by Play WISH

Post by Paul Norman »

You might like to know you can change the speed of the commentary in the config file "My Documents/tbcb2013/config/settings.cfg". In there you can set the millisecond delay for each of the three speeds. I know it not exactly what you asked for, but it should help. Also you can control the speed manually by clicking on the "Next Commentary" button when your ready for the next hit of info..
boss1968

Post by boss1968 »

Paul Norman wrote:You might like to know you can change the speed of the commentary in the config file "My Documents/tbcb2013/config/settings.cfg". In there you can set the millisecond delay for each of the three speeds. I know it not exactly what you asked for, but it should help. Also you can control the speed manually by clicking on the "Next Commentary" button when your ready for the next hit of info..
Hi Paul. Yup, I have already configured the 'configuration' file, and it still doesn't help much. I can get the PBP slower, true, but those large 3-4 line paragraphs are still problematic to read.
And the last thing I want to do is to sit there for 30 minutes clicking and clicking and clicking the mouse button to advance the commentary. :shock:

Automatic line by line PBP is the way to go ! :D
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Ok, I will add it too my list... Its an issue when one commentry line in the code wraps onto more than one line. I will need to process the string to work out how long it is an use that as a factor when decising the delay time... hmmm... fun... ;)
boss1968

Post by boss1968 »

Paul Norman wrote:Ok, I will add it too my list... Its an issue when one commentry line in the code wraps onto more than one line. I will need to process the string to work out how long it is an use that as a factor when decising the delay time... hmmm... fun... ;)
Fun, indeed ! :) But think of the end result when the PBP is spanking perfect ! Well worth it, old chap ! :!:

See, in the 'slow' mode, the 'one line' PBP lines are fine. Easy to read with no probs. Speed is perfect, as well.

My suggestion would be to simply break up the 3-4 line paragraphs (example paragraph : when the fighter is cut and the ref stops the bout to bring him to the doctor), into 3 to 4 lines of one line dialogue. You wouldn't have to touch the lines that are already 'one-line' in the scrolling, just the paragraphs that are 3-4 lines meshed together. Just cut up the large paragraphs into one-liners (hee hee), and that should do it !
Cap

Post by Cap »

boss1968 wrote:
Paul Norman wrote:You might like to know you can change the speed of the commentary in the config file "My Documents/tbcb2013/config/settings.cfg". In there you can set the millisecond delay for each of the three speeds. I know it not exactly what you asked for, but it should help. Also you can control the speed manually by clicking on the "Next Commentary" button when your ready for the next hit of info..
Hi Paul. Yup, I have already configured the 'configuration' file, and it still doesn't help much. I can get the PBP slower, true, but those large 3-4 line paragraphs are still problematic to read.
And the last thing I want to do is to sit there for 30 minutes clicking and clicking and clicking the mouse button to advance the commentary. :shock:

Automatic line by line PBP is the way to go ! :D
I second the motion! Clumps of text pass too fast, especially just before a round ends!