Dream Fights

Talk about your game and/or join an online league with other Title Bout Boxing players.

Moderator: Infinity

Infinity

Dream Fights

Post by Infinity »

As many of you know I run universes on the OOTP boards on a regular basis. I have decided to sim a series of dream fights exclusive to this forum. So, if you, the gentle reader have a fight you'd like to see me sim, OR if you'd like to post your own dream fights on this thread to join in, feel free!
Infinity

Willie Pep vs Salvador Sanchez

Post by Infinity »

Salvador Sanchez was dominant in his short career, cut short in 1982 when he died in a car crash. His career ended with a 44-1-1 (32) record with wins over Danny "Little Red" Lopez to earn the title, and defeated the likes of Wilfredo Gomez and Azumah Nelson before his accident.

Willie Pep Is considered by most as the greatest Featherweight of all time. His wars with Sandy Saddler are legendary. After winning the title at the tender young age of 20 over Chalky Wright, he went on to record a record of 229-11-1 (65) and was known as the "Will o' the Wisp" due to his defensive prowess.

All fights in this series will be fought over 15 rounds, will use the Unified rules, with a Draw untio round 4 end, then to the score cares in case of an accidental butt. Three judges,the 10 point must system will be used with no three knockdown rule no mandatory 8 count and no being saved by the bell. Only the referee may stop the bout. The computer will handle strategies for both fighters. All fights that I sim in this series will be held at the venerable Madison Square Gardens, the Mecca of Boxing. The judges and referees will be random in all fights.

Willie Pep vs Salvador Sanchez

Referee - Chalerm Prayadsab
1st Judge - Rodolfo Maldonado
2nd Judge - Marcus McDonnell
3rd Judge - Manuel Maritxalar
Ring Side Expert - Jason Wood

Round 1:

Sanchez opened with a terrifying shot to the body but after that Pep started to move, sticking and jabbing then countering with an assortment of hooks. Pep drew a warning for a low blow at the 2:17 mark of the round then landed a heavy combination followed by a short hook to the body. Jason Woods card: 10-9 Pep. My card 10-9 Pep.

Round 2:

Sanchez was clearly disgusted by his opening round and came out fast only to run into a Pep hook followed by a peppering jab that did little damage. They exchanged punches in the center of the ring with neither man shaken then Sanchez stepped back and unleashed a wicked uppercut that landed square to the jaw of Pep. Sanchez followed with a right to the body followed by a jab by Pep. Jason Woods Card: 10-10 even (20-19 Pep) My card 10-9 Sanchez (19-19 even)

Round 3:

Pep missed a fast combo to open then followed with a shot to the head and body, though neither had much steam. Pep moving side to side when Sanchez winged a right cross that got in. Pep came up with a big combination that rattled Sanchez big time! Pep shot a sneaky right in then followed with a hook to the head that stunned Sanchez. Pep landed a left that Sanchez countered, both effective punches. With Pep staying center ring he slipped a jab to the body then missed by a hair with another combination. Sanchez doubled up on the jab with both landing as the bell rang. Jason Woods Card 10-9 Pep (30-28 Pep) My card 10-9 Pep (29-28 Pep)

Round 4:

Neither man is marked as round 4 begins, Pep shoots a s straight cross between the guard of Sanchez and Sanchez counters with a violent combination that clearly staggered Pep! Pep responded gamely with 2 short rights and a left hook to the body only to have Sanchez land a hard jab to the body. Sanchez banged home an uppercut then Pep replied with a right cross to the face. followed by a hook that missed. "Chava" Sanchez lands a devastating three punch combo that has pep on unsteady legs as the bell rings! Jason Woods Card 10-9 Sanchez (39-38 Pep) My card 10-9 Sanchez (38-38 even)

Round 5:

With both men showing little wear and tear, Pep is up on his toes moving side to side as Sanchez misses with a big cross. Pep blocks Sanchez in then misses with what looked like a backhand. good thing that didn't connect, that could have drawn a warning! Pep worked the bread basked, scoring with several light hooks followed by A solid right upstairs that Sanchez effectively countered. Pep pulled Sanchez into a clinch but Sanchez worked his way free. Both men jockeyed for position then Pep banged a hook to the ribs then pinned Sanchez's arms. Prayadsab had to move them apart. Sanchez moves to the ropes and his corner chides him to get off them! Pep lets a quick hook go, catching Sanchez coming in. Sanchez pops a jab but Pep spins him into the ropes than lands a brutal uppercut that rattled Sanchez! Jason Woods Card 10-9 Pep (49-47 Pep) My card 10-9 Pep (48-47 Pep)

Round 6:

Pep picks off an uppercut by Sanchez then responds with a quick jab. Snchez landed a brutal cross to the solar plexus, having Pep clearly favoring his ribs, he's hurt!! Sanchez circles around the ring then misses a wild right! Pep scores with a quick hook to the head after that wild shot by Sanchez. Sanchez clamps Peps arms to his side and holds on until Prayadsab has to break the hold. They clinch again with the referee again having to break them. Pep missed a big uppercut and the crowd starts to boo at the lack of action. Pep responds with a 1-2 to the body then lands another low blow, drawing his second warning of the fight! After they resume Pep lands a short left hook to the head and Sanchez retreats as the bell rings. Jason Woods Card 10-9 Pep (59-56 Pep) My card 10-9 Pep (58-56 Pep)

Round 7:

Sanchez gets a jab in that was more a push than a punch. Pep responds by shooting a vicious cross right down the pipe that caught Sanchez flush! Sanchez on his feet trying to clear his head and not much action, then Pep connects with a double jab followed by a right. Pep dips and connects with a hook to the side of the head of Sanchez. Sanchez feints downstairs then lands two quick blows to the head followed by a double jab, the second scoring cleanly. Pep throws a left that connects and Sanchez counters nicely! Sanchez connects with a solid uppercut that clearly staggers Pep as the round ends! What a brawl in round 7! Jason Woods Card 10-10 even (69-66 Pep) My card 10-9 Sanchez (67-66 Pep)

Round 8:

Sanchez rushed out at the bell, fired up by his corner, he gives a nice head feint then lands a hook to the head of Pep. Sanchez landed a glancing overhand right that just missed being flush! Sanchez smothers Pep's attack with a clinch then as they break Pep unleashes a glancing wild left hook. They really go at it, with Pep being the more effective of the two. Pep then drills Sanchez with a solid jab followed by two quick blows upstairs and downstairs then dances away from the counter of Sanchez! Sanchez closes then snaps Willie Pep's head back with a jolting uppercut! Pep misses a wild combination followed by a leaping shot that fails to land as the bell rings. Jason Woods Card 10-9 Pep ( 79-75 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (76-76 even)

Round 9:

With the crowd still on it's feet from the action of the past two rounds both men warily advance to ring center and touch gloves. Sanchez then took a cross to the head from Pep. No blood, no bruises and no swelling thus far. Pep moves into a neutral corner then Sanchez holds him. Prayadsam shouts to Sanchez to break only to have Pep pin his arms. They finally break and Sanchez glides away then tries a hook to the ribs that is blocked by Pep. Pep scores with a light flurry to the body followed by a clean stiff jab. Sanchez lands a crushing hook to the head, and Pep flashes a quick smile at Sanchez as if to acknowledge the blow. Sanchez swings and misses then eats a three punch salvo from Pep to the body. Pep lands a powerful right cross that sent Pep reeling! They move to ring center and Pep wings a big left that Sanchez sidestepped as the bell rang. Jason Woods Card 10-10 even (89-85 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (86-85 Sanchez)

Round 10:

Pep opens with a pair of short rights to the body just above the waist line. Pep clinches only to be separated by the Ref. Pep is moving like a ghost as Sanchez tries in vain to cut off the ring. Sanchez lands a rapier like jab to the head of Pep only to have Pep miss a jab but land the follow up cross. Pep throws a flurry of punches but Sanchez either Blocked or slipped them. Sanchez ties Pep up and Prayadsab has to force them apart. Praydsap steps in and admonishes Pep for hitting below the belt! He takes a point from Pep in a round he was winning! Pep scores to the body with a jab followed by a short uppercut in close. Jason Woods Card 9-9 even (98-94 Pep) My Card 9-9 even (95-94 Sanchez)

Round 11:

Pep's corner was in his face about the low blows, and Pep just glared at them. Sanchez traps Pep in the lower neutral corner then scores with a tremendous right just above the waistline!. Pep is gasping for air as Sanchez lands a solid uppercut that buckled Pep's legs and he is really unsteady now like he could go down at any6 moment! Pep moves away and shoots a jab to the chest of Sanchez and traps him in his own corner, popping in the jab again for good measure. Pep goes downstairs with a quick combo followed by a quick cross then Sanchez ducks into an uppercut from Pep! Sanchez really buries a punch to the ribs of Pep that clearly hurt him again! Sanchez just delivered a wake-up call as he really caught Pep with a sharp combination at the bell! Jason Woods Card 10-9 Sanchez (107-104 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (105-103 Sanchez) - Note: Clearly the best round of the fight by both men!

Round 12:

Pep scores with several nifty shots to the ribs of Sanchez then takes a hard combination from Sanchez that was clearly what Sanchez had been looking for all night! Pep looked to be in bad shape and Pep's right eye started to swell alarmingly. Pep landed yet another low blow and Prayadsap stopped the bout! Sanchez wins the fight via a disqualification!

Score Cards:

Rodolfo Maldonado 106-103 Pep

Marcus McDonnell 104-104 even

Manuel Maritxalar 104-104 even

Pep landed 37.2% of his punches, but Sanchez landed much harder shots throughout at a respectable 28.6% clip. The 4 fouls by Pep were his undoing.
Infinity

Carlos Zarate vs Jeff Fenech

Post by Infinity »

It is well known that most consider Eder Jofre to be the greatest Bantamweight of all time, and perhaps the greatest pound for pound fighter as well.

What isn't known, is who was the greatest Slugger of all time in the Bantamweight division. Both Zarate and Fenech are rated 12's and were known for their terrifying power. While they met once, with Fenech winning, it was near the end of Zarate's stellar career. In this sim they will both be at the zenith of their careers for this bout.

Carlos Zarate had a 66-4-0 (63) record and held the WBC Bantamweight Title from 1976 to 1979. He failed in his two attempts to move up in weight, losing to Wilfredo Gomez and Jeff Fenech, as noted earlier.

Jeff Fenech finished his career with a 29-3-1 (21) record and held the IBF Bantamweight title, WBC Super Bantamweight title as well as the WBC Featherweight Title. He fought a trilogy with another great, Azumah Nelson that saw both men with a win, and a draw as well.

Carlos Zarate vs Jeff Fenech

Referee - Tommy Kimmons
1st Judge - Glenn Trowbridge
2nd Judge - Bob Logist
3rd Judge - Arturo Sanchez
Ring Side Expert - Rocco Del Sesto

Round 1:

Fenech stormed out with a counter off a missed Zarate jab then followed with a big combination. Zarate answered back with two combinations, the second one had Fenech nearly out on his feet! Fenech stepped back and fired a desperation hook that he buried into the ribs of Zarate, leaving him gasping for air! Fenech followed with two short rights and a left hook to the body then Zarate landed a huge riht hand flush to the chin of Fenech! Zarate followed with a solid cross as the bell rang with the crowd on their feet cheering both men wildly! A close round, none the less Rocco Del Sesto had it 10-9 Zarate. My card 10-9 Zarate.

Round 2:

Both men circled warily, with Zarate letting his hands go, but they landed on the arms of Fenech. He moved into a clinch, then had to be separated by Kimmons. With no action for the first two rounds Zarate suddenly landed a devastating uppercut that sent Fenech reeling, followed by a terrifying shot to the body that clearly had Fenech hurt! Rocco Del Sesto 10-9 Zarate (20-18 Zarate) My card 10-9 Zarate (20-18 Zarate)

Round 3:

Fenech came out fired up after a bad 2nd round and landed a vicious uppercut that had Zarate fall into the ropes! he followed with a straight right that Zarate was somehow able to pick off. followed by a quick uppercut from Fenech that landed cleanly with a cross that sent the sweat flying off the hair of Zarate! Zarate gathered himself somehow and plodded forward with a jab picked cleanly by Fenech then Fenech responded with a punch that was a cross between an uppercut and hook! Zarate spun Fenech into the ropes and landed a big uppercut of his own then followed with some nifty bodywork that scored well. Zarate slipped away after that with Fenech ambling towards him. Zarate clinched, pinning the gloves of Fenech to the side and then lost a point for leaning on the neck of Fenech! They separated then Zarate let his hands go with a flurry of punches capped with a stiff cross that sent Fenech staggering across the ring! Zarate closed and planted a nasty hook to the ribs as the bell rang with the crowd again on their feet! Del Sesto 10-9 Fenech (29-28 Zarate) My card 10-9 Fenech (29-28 Zarate). Note: Even round but for the point deduction!

Round 4:

Fenech opened with a jab to the body only to have Zarate land a wild hook to the jaw of Fenech! Zarate then fired a wild overhand right that missed entirely. Fenech did some stiff body work in response then went upstairs with a light combination that scored. Back downstairs with a punishing hook to the bread basked by Fenech then a nasty combination upstairs that stopped Zarate cold! Fenech followed with several hooks to the body followed by another wild hook by Zarate that whiffed. Fenech answered with a brutal cross to the solar plexus that had Zarate gasping for air, then they clinched with neither man willing to let go as the referee finally broke them apart as time ran out. Del Sesto 10-9 Fenech (38-38 even) My card 10-9 Fenech (38-38 even)

Round 5:

Fenech looked to be in good shape as the round started, Zarate fired a left that landed high on the shoulder then backed into a neutral corner. Fenech followed him in, landing a vicious uppercut that had Zarate out on his feet with a vacant look in his eyes! Fenech followed with a quick one-two to the midsection then Zarate landed his first shot of the round, a cross that didn't land flush, but still scored. Fenech pinned Zarate in the corner and landed an authoritative combination and then a crushing cross that had Zarate reeling again! Fenech just missed with a big right hand followed by doubling up on the hook to the body with one scoring. Fenech was really focused, landing another solid cross that again put a glazed look in the eyes of Zarate! Zarate dug deep and landed a huge combination that stopped Fenech cold as time ran out! Another dominating round for Fenech. Del Sesto 10-9 Fenech (48-47 Fenech) My card 10-9 Fenech (48-47 Fenech)

Round 6:

The lovely Jennifer Searles exits the ring to wild cheering as the round is ready to start. Zarate immediately moved to the left corner followed by Fenech who scored with a violent straight right to the jaw that clearly shook Zarate! Fenech landed a hard hook to the body that had Zarate clutching his ribs! Zarate fired back with a short hook to the midsection that appeared to shake Fenech to his core! Fenech landed a light hook to the body then ate a huge hook to the jaw of Fenech, that one had bad intent behind it, Fenech was shaken again! Both fighters echanged blows, with Fenech scoring more in the exchange. Zarate landed the hardest jab of the fight that actually stopped Fenech cold as the bell rang! The crowd is eating this up! Del Sesto 10-10 even (58-57 Fenech) My card 10-10 even (58-57 Fenech)

Round 7:

Fenech came out on fire, landing a dynomite hook to the body followed by a combination downstairs then upstairs! Fenech went low again to bread basked with a wicked hook that really hurt Zarate! Fenech then took a hard combination from Zarate that had him steady himself with the ropes! Zarate followed with a devastating hook that clearly had Fenech hurt badly, but somehow Fenech answered with a decent jab. Oh! Zarate unleashed a crippling right hand to the head that stopped Fenech dead in his tracks as the bell rang! Del Sesto (10-9 Zarate) (67-67 even) My card 10-9 Fenech (68-66 Fenech)

Round 8:

Zarate knew he hurt Fenech towards the end of the round and came out with a vicious cross right down the pipe that caught Fenech flush! Fenech is trying to regroup after that shot! Fenech landed a clean jab vollowed by a clinch, then stepped back and fired a solid combination to the head that clearly stunned Zarate! Fenech landed another brutal combination that had Zarate in big trouble! With Zarate breathing heavily Fenech misssed an upercut and Zarate countered with a devastating three punch combo! Fenech worked through it and forced Zarate into his own corner then landed a smashing cross that sent Zarate reeling! Zarate's right eye was swelling after that shot! Zarate fired a hook but it was blocked by Fenech who scored with a hook of his own! Fenech grabbed Zarate then hused his shoulders to force his way out of the clinch. Fenech appeared to have a solid lead at this point. Del Sesto 10-9 Fenech (77-76 Fenech) My card 10-9 Fenech (78-75 Fenech)

Round 9:

Fenech missed a wild combination and Zarate made him pay with a sweet uppercut followed by a sharp combination to the head! Fenech then buried a shot to the ribs that had Zarate regrouping! Kimmons had to pull the fighters apart as Zarate locked up the arms of Fenech. Fenech picked off a hook by Zarate then landed a wicked uppercut! Fenech tied Zarate up when it appeared that he had Zarate on empty, why? Kimmons broke them up again and Fenech landed a paralyzing uppercut that hurt Zarate again only to have Zarate fire a barrage of punches that had Fenech down!
The bell rings, saving Fenech as he was not going to beat the count! Del Sesto 10-8 Zarate (86-85 Zarate) My card 10-8 Zarate (86-85 Fenech)

Round 10:

Zarate seemed to catch his second wind after that knockdown! Zarate landed a powerful uppercut right on the button! Fenech forced his way inside only to have Zarate land yet another hard uppercut! Zarate took a punishing overhand right to the jaw that clearly hurt Zarate!. You could clearly see increased swelling around Zarate's right eye. Fenech smothered the attack of Zarate with a clinch, then Zarate clinched again. If this were football there'd be a penalty flag for holding. Kimmons pries them apart. Fenech seemed to have shaken off the effects of the knockdown in round 9. Zarate again leans against the neck of Fenech, losing another point in a round he was winning! Fenech missed a hook with bad intent by inches! Zarate followed with a big combination that had serious impact right at the bell! Del Sesto 9-9 even (95-94 Zarate) My card 9-9 even (95-94 Fenech)

Round 11:

Both men are showing signs of fatigue. Fenech rocked Zarate with a short uppercut to the jaw from inside. The swelling around Zarate's right eye is alarming! Zarate scored with a tremendous left that had Fenech holding on in a clinch! Fenech broke and answered with a hard cross, his best punch of the round thus far. Fenech followed that with a tremendous right just above the waistline! Zarate jarred Fenech with a huge left hook only to be drilled by a three punch salvo from Fenech! Zarate answered with a sweet three punch combo of his own, punishing Fenech!Fenech closed the round with a short quick uppercut in close then they moved back from one another. Zarate cut loose with a combination and the crowd roared, but all of those punches landed on the arms of Fenech. Del Sesto 10-9 Fenech (104-104 even) My card 10-9 Fenech (105-103 Fenech)

Round 12:

No abatement of the swelling on the face of a tired Zarate. Fenech lands a quick series of shots to the body followed by a devastating three punch combo to the head! Zarate took another hard combination, this time right on the button! Zarate went down! Kimmons picked up the count from the time keeper...
Zarate lurches to his feet at the count of 5 but stumbled and is down on his knees again! He's trying to rise again!
10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Put a fork in him, Zarate is finished, it's over with Fenech winning this war by KO at the 1:09 mark of round 12!

Judges Scoring through round 11:

Glenn Trowbridge 104-104 even.

Bob Logist 106-102 Fenech

Arturo Sanchez 106 - 104 Fenech

This fight would go down in history as one of the greatest slug-fests of all time if they had met at their career prime.
Infinity

Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Manny Pacquiao

Post by Infinity »

The fight everyone wants to see, at Lightweight as it seemed the fairest weight for both fighters. Mayweather Jr.is rated a 12 while Pacquiao comes in as an 11. For this fight we will use WBC rules and the fight will be for 15 rounds as I personally believe all title fights should have the "championship" rounds.

Floyd "Money" Mayweather Jr.comes in with a 45-0-0 (26) record and has held the WBA Super World Light Middleweight Title, WBC, IBF & IBO Welterweight Titles, the WBC Light Welterweight, Lightweight & Super Featherweight Titles.

Manny "Pac-Man" Pacquiao is 55-5-2 (38) and has held the WBC Flyweight Title, Super Bantamweight Title, IBF Super Bantamweight Title, WBC Super Featherweight Title, WBC Lightweight Title, IBO Light Welterweight Title, WBO Welterweight Title, and WBC Light Middleweight titles.

Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao

Referee - Mikael Hook
Judge 1 - Mark Streisand
Judge 2 - Jose Juan Guerra
Judge 3 - Arturo Villegas
Ring Side Expert: Tom Trunzo
Round 1:

The bell rings ending the wave of anticipation in the Garden! Mayweather Jr. throws a straight right hand that glances off the shoulder of Pacquiao. Mayweather Jr. misses a jab and is nailed by a violent straight left by Pacquiao that shook him to the core! Mayweather Jr. lands a light hook only to have Pacquiao crank up a hook of his own that drives Mayweather Jr. into the ropes! Pacquiao charges in but Mayweather Jr. slides away effortlessly. Pacquiao corners Mayweather Jr. and buris a tremendous left just above the belt! Mayweather Jr. fires back with a hard right just above the waistline then takes a stinging series of jabs as the bell rings. Tom Trunzo 10-9 Pacquiao, My card 10-9 Pacquiao

Round 2:

Pacquiao storms out and misses a cross then a hook that Mayweather Jr. blocks and answers with a hook of his own! Mayweather is really moving well but Pacquiao moves into a clinch. Hook steps in and admonishes Pacquiao for leaning on the neck of Mayweather Jr. Mayweather Jr. Plants a vicious hook to the ribs of Pacquiao, then slides away to the corner. Pacquiao lands a brutal combination to the solar plexus that has Mayweather Jr. trying to regroup! Both men move to ring center and Pacquiao doubles up with the hook to the body with one getting through, followed by a wild overhand left that whiffs badly! Mayweather Jr. brushes the ropes and quickly spins away, moving to ring center then smothers a series of shots inside from Pacquiao. Pacquiao just caught a terrifying shot to the body that has him doubled over! Mayweather Jr. pins Pacquiao to the corner then misses a series of shots inside due to subtle but effective movement from Pacquiao as the bell rings. Trunzo 10-9 Mayweather Jr. (19-19 even) My card 10-9 Mayweather Jr. (19-19 Even)

Round 3:

Mayweather Jr. stood between rounds and ocmes out quickly to start round 3. Pacquiao clinches and Mayweather taunts him to fight. They break and Mayweather Jr. lands a short hook to the body then Pacquiao traps his arms and won't let go, forcing the referee to break them. Pacquiao pushes Mayweather Jr. away, trying to make space to work, then clinches yet again. Hook steps in and breaks it up. Mayweather Jr. is gliding around the ring like he's Fred Astaire. Pacquiao looks to work the body but Mayweather Jr. covers up nicely but then takes a punishing overhand left to the jaw! Mayweather Jr. is hurt! He fires back with a nice combo to the body then lands a strong hook of his own that suddenly has Pacquiao in trouble! Mayweather Jr. fires a streak right that splits the gloves as the bell rings. Trunzo 10-9 Mayweather Jr. (29-28 Mayweather Jr.) My card 10-9 Mayweather Jr. ( 29-28 Mayweather Jr.)

Round 4:

Pacquiao pins Mayweather Jr. in the corner then misses a huge uppercut! Mayweather Jr. fires back with a reckless uppercut of his own that scores cleanly! They clinch for some time before Hook breaks it up. Mayweather Jr lands a huge straight right that has Pacquiao badly hurt! Mayweather Jr. dances straight back from the answering salvo by Pac-Man then digs two shots to the body and rips Pacquiao with a short uppercut on the inside. Mayweather Jr. has to start putting his punches together. There it is! He gets of a nice series of blows that rattle Pacquiao, Pacquiao slips a jab to the body then Mayweather Jr. answers with a brutal hook that staggers Pacquiao as the bell rings! Mayweather Jr. just had his best round of the fight! Trunzo 10-9 Mayweather Jr. (39-37 Mayweather Jr.) My Card 10-9 Mayweather Jr. (39-37 Mayweather Jr.)

Round 5:

Pacquiao's corner seemed to pump him up between rounds. He comes out and lands a huge hook right on the button! Mayweather Jr. is clearly hurt! Neither man is marked to this point in the fight. Pacquiao's corner is really egging him on. Mayweather Jr. misses badly with a sloppy uppercut from way outside that left him open and Pacquiao countered with a jab followed by a cross. Hook tries to separate the two, but Mayweather Jr. has a vice-like grip on Pacquiao. They finally break then they clinch again, this time Pacquiao refuses to let go. Mayweather Jr. moves in and connects with a compact uppercut to the head then slides away. Pacquiao moves into the lower right corner then Mayweather Jr. shoots a series of punches downstairs that Pacquiao blocks nicely. Mayweather Jr. counters a 1-2 from Pacquiao with a punishing hook to the ribs. Pacquiao lands a punishing combination that really rang Mayweather Jr.'s bell, as the bell rings! 10-9 Pacquiao (48-47 Mayweather Jr.) My Card 10-9 Pacquiao (48-47 Mayweather Jr.)

Round 6:

Pacquiao moves in fast and traps Mayweather Jr. in the corner then lands a solid cross that lands square, leaving Mayweather Jr. in a world of hurt! Pacquiao misses a hook as Mayweather Jr. backpedals away. Mayweather Jr. goes to work inside, landing a hard combo to the body. Pacquiao answers with consecutive upercuts to Floyd's midsection. Mayweather Jr. answers with a brutal cross to the solar plexus coming in, that shot made him gasp as it landed! Pacquiao does a great job of working the body with an uppercut followed by a hook. The action slows a bit as they circle, then Pacquiao is told to watch the low blows by Hook. Pacquiao lands a hard cross, one of the better punches in the round so far. Floyd Mayweather Jr. appears a little puffy under the left eye after that shot. Pacquiao connects with a violent cross! Floyd's going to have to regroup after tha tblow. Pacquiao pins Mayweather Jr. to the corner then scores with a nice left cross as the bell rings! Trunzo 10-9 Pacquiao (57-57 even) My Card 10-9 Pacquiao (57-57 even). Pacquiao's best round of the fight!

Round 7:

Floyd swings and misses, then Manny backs into his own corner. Mayweather Jr. lands a sneaky right to the jaw followed by a pair of jabs. OH!! Pacquiao landed the big hook flush! Mayweather Jr. is gasping for air!! Mayweather Jr. spins Manny into the corner and lands a hard combination to the body that causes Pacquiao to visibly wince in pain. Pacquiao lets his hands go inside but Mayweather Jr. protects his body well. That was a violent straight right by Mayweather Jr! Pacquiao is reeling across the ring. Mayweather moves in with a jab then cuts loose with both hands and lands some big shots. Floyd has Manny trapped and scores iwth a nice two punch combo then lands a lead right to the midsection, as the crowd reacts to every thrown punch! Mayweather Jr. drives home a wicked hook to the midsection! They exchanged a spirited flurry of punches with Pacquiao getting the better of it! Mayweather Jr. lands a clean jab and the fight is over! Hook has stopped the fight!! The winner by TKO here in the 7th round is Mayweather Jr.!!

A controversial stop as Pacquiao was clearly fighting back when the fight was halted. As good a fight as this was before the referee stepped in, I'm considering a rematch down the line. Thoughts my fine readers?
Infinity

Rematches

Post by Infinity »

Rematches will be scheduled on controversial bouts. As it stands I have received requests for a Pep-Sanchez rematch as well as a Mayweather Jr.-Pacquiao rematch. As always, reader input is appreciated for fights you'd like to see as well as rematches, comments etc.
Infinity

Willie Pep vs Salvador Sanchez II

Post by Infinity »

With as close a fight as their first meeting was when Pep was rightfully disqualified, the result of a disqualification left the feeling of a warm handshake rather than a fight result. That being said, I give you Pep-Sanchez II.

Referee - Joachim Jacobsen
Judge 1 - Dennis Nelson
Judge 2 - Patricia Morse-Jarman
Judge 3 - Jeffrey Belton
Ringside Expert - Lee A. Crooks

Round 1:

The bell rings as this widely anticipated rematch is underway! Pep winces as he takes a hard combination to the body from Salvador Sanchez. Pep is motioning with his gloves to bring it on, but he's not doing much himself. Sanchez blocks Pep against the ropes! Sanchez goes to the head and the body, though neither punch had much steam. Pep clinches and Jacobsen has to separate them. Sanchez connects with a nasty cross that appears to sun Pep! Pep spins Sanchez into the corner and throws punches in bunches, disrupting the rhythm of Sanchez. Pep dips and connects with a hook to the side of the head. They work their way to ring center and Willie Pep connects with a solid uppercut! Sanchez's knee nearly touched canvas! Pep's corner is screaming at him to finish the round strong. Jacobsen has stopped the action, He is issuing a strong warning to Pep about low blows. Both fighters have their supporters, and each man is receiving a well deserved round of applause from a pumped up crowd! Crooks 10-9 Pep My card 10-9 Pep.

Round 2:

Sanchez if off his stool and awaiting the bell for Round 2. The corner of Pep was really animated, and Pep was nodding in agreement. Sanchez leaves the jab just short then moves in and gets impaled with a hook to the body from Pep that stopped him in his tracks! Pep scores with a tremendous right just above the waistline! Sanchez appears shaken by those punches! Sanchez grabs Pep and holds on... Jacobsen separates them. Pep misses, he had an opening and simply whiffed the punch. Pep retreats into a neutral corner and Sanchez follows in with a nice right cross. They move back to center ring once again. Pep is flicking the jab, trying to keep Salvador Sanchez at long range. Pep circles then challenges Sanchez to fight him and quit clinching. The referee breaks it up... Sanchez steals a quick glance at his corner as we have a lull in the actin. Pep moves into a neutral corner with Sanchez approaching flat footed, moving forward, not giving Pep any room to breathe. Sanchez moves into the lower right corner and Pep misses with the jab, lets go with a left and that misses too. Sanchez scores with a stunning hook to the head! Pep reels backward from what looked like a head butt! Sanchez pins Pep in the corner, ripping off two quick jabs with one finding the mark as the bell rings. Crooks 10-9 Pep (20-18 Pep) My card 10-9 Pep (20-18 Pep)

Round 3:

Sanchez looked a bit confused by the advice offered by his corner. Pep bangs the uppercut home. Pep is trying to move in behind the jab, which lands. Not much steam behind his jab, but another scores none the less. Sanchez scores with a stiff jab then traps Pep, Sanchez can't score with the short uppercut inside, Pep got his gloves in front of the punch. A short hok to the head by Pep. Sanchez bores in, determined to maul Pep. Pep is really focused in this round. Sanchez voluntarily moves onto the ropes, daring Pep to come in. Pep lands the jab but comes up short with a second one right behind it. Pep throws a straight right that glances off the shoulder of Sanchez, but it's enough to keep him off balance. Sanchez lands a crushing uppercut! Pep takes a step back, clearly hurt! Pep uses his legs to avoid more damage, then clinches, drawing a warning from Jacobsen for hitting and holding. Pep looks to his corner then fires a jab that just misses. Jacobsen motions the fighters to their corners as the bell sounds. Crooks 10-9 Pep (30-27 Pep) My card 10-9 Pep (30-27 Pep)

Round 4:

Sanchez's corner was extremely upbeat during the break with Sanchez, providing some solid encouragement. Pep is giving Sanchez a lot of side to side movement. Neither man shows any wear and tear at this point. Sanchez just misses with a huge shot as Pep chooses the perfect time to suddenly backpedal. The fighters jocky for position as they both try to gain the advantage here in the 4th. Pep gives a nice head feint then lands a hook to the head of Sanchez. Sanchez responds with a wicked cross! That shot landed suqare and Pep felt it, he's in a world of hurt! Sanchez throws a nice short uppercut to Pep's jaw and Pep answers with a short hook to the body! Sanchez moves in at an angle, trying to cut the ring off as Pep dances away. Sanchez clamps Pep's arms to his side and holds on until Jacobsen breaks the hold. Pep's corner is shouting for him to be more aggressive as Sanchez hikes his trunks up. Sanchez tries to clinch, but Pep shakes him off and lands an uppercut to the body. Sanchez wings a big left hand at Pep, but he sidesteps the punch. Sanchez's head is snapped back following a sharp combo from Pep. Pep connects with an uppercut to the head of Sanchez. Sanchez is just missing by a hair with his punches. Some nice infighting ends with Pep getting a nice uppercut in. Pep slides to the corner as Sanchez comes straight forward with little head movement. There's another round in the books. Crooks 10-9 Pep (40-36 Pep) My Card 10-9 Pep (40-36 Pep)

Round 5:

Shouts of encouragement for both fighters can be heard as the bell rings for Round 5. Sanchez is clearly pumped up! Sanchez trapps Pep in the far left neutral corner, looks to land a jab but misses the mark. Pep answers with a quick combination that gets trhough. Neither man is marked at this stage of the fight. Sanchez is staying at ring center, Neither fight is going to come out on the short end of this exchange of punches. Sanchez knows one direction, and that's straight ahead. Sanchez is turning this fight into a clinching and holding affair as he continues to wrap his arms around Pep. The fighters have just banged heads! Sanchez backs into a neutral corner. Sanchez takes a heavy hook downstairs and is clutching his side! The fight has moved back to the middle of the ring. Pep absorbs a cross to the body. Sanchez really buried that punch into the ribs of Pep, Pep is hurt! Pep retreats to the right corner and Sanchez follows in with three unanswered blows to the head of Pep. Sanchez just misses s short hook to the body then Pep responds iwth some nifty bodywork as he scores with several shots from the inside. That was a violent straight right by Sanchez! Pep was stunned by that blow! Pep misses the lead right but follows up with a left hook that finds the mark. Pep doesn't need to look for Sanchez this round as he is right there in front of him. Sanchez is trapped in Pep's coerner... Pep lands a hook to the ribs. Both Sanchez and Pep have been outstanding in this round. Now that was an action packed round, these two have whipped the place into a frnezy! We may need to turn a fire hose on the crowd to calm things down! Crooks 10-9 Sanchez (49-46 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (49-46 Pep)

Round 6:

Sanchez looks to be in fair shape as round 6 gets underway. Pep moves into the right corner and Sanchez wraps him up. Neither fighter will break until Jacobsen steps in and breaks it up. Despite the punches landed, both fighters remain unmarked. Pep got some great advice from his corner between rounds, let's see if he listened. Pep holds his arms up in disgust as Sanchez holds him around his waist. Pep works his way free! Pep is blocked in his own corner, then Sanchez clinches again. Jacobsen has to break them again. Jacobsen is telling Sanchez to watch rabbit punching. Sanchez pulls his trunks up as both fighters move to ring center. Sanchez grabs Pep again. If this were football there'd be a penalty flag for holding. An accidental clash of heads occurs as the fighters are tied up. Sanchez is told to quit using an open glove by Jacobsen. Sanchez traps Pep in the corner, missing with a left then whiffing the right as well. Pep throws a flurry of punches with at least 2 solid shots making it through, then he moves away. Sanchez missed with what looked like a backhand. Good thing it missed, that would have drawn a warning. Sanchez bores in and Pep scores with a punch that's a cross between an uppercut and a hook! Sanchez grabs Pep again. Sanchez is cautioned abou tleaning on Pep's neck as he separates them once more. Cries for more action can be heard around the arena as a quiet round goes into the books. Crooks 10-9 Sanchez (58-56 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (58-56 Pep)

Round 7:

The bell rings for round 7 and Pep goes downstairs, but Salvador Sanchez shows good defense and picks the shot off with his elbow. Sanchez corners Pep! Sanchez throws a flurry of punches but Pep either blocks or sidesteps them. Pep slides into a neutral corner. Pep tries a hook but Sanchez blocks it then scores with a hook of his own! Pep finds a home for the jab, keeping Sanchez at bay. A much slower rounds in this one. Sanchez tries a straight right that is blocked by the gloves of Pep. Pep answers with a quick uppercut that lands cleanly, followed by a jab on the midsection, then leans on Sanchez, firing a weak hook to the ribs. Pep is really focused this roundd. A brutal hook from Salvador Sanchez connects to the solar plexus! Pep is gasping for air!! That cross from Sanchez lands with some authority! Pep seems to be in big trouble as the bell rings! That was a great round as both men gave all they had and then some! Crooks 10-9 Sanchez (67-66 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (67-66 Pep)

Round 8:

The bell starts the action as both men leave their corners. Pep has Sanchez cornered! Both fighters want to work inside at the moment at Pep blasts home a hook! Pep scores with a nice short hook inside the defense of Sanchez. Pep lands a smashing hook! Sanchez is suddenly in trouble! Pep slips in a quick cross then Sanchez pins him in the corner! Sanchez attempt to go to the body but can't connect. Pep answers with a nice series of combinations. Sanchez tastes Pep's jab. Pep picks off the jab thrown by Sanchez and counters with a short hook to the midsection that shakes Sanchez! The action moves back to center ring then Pep brushes the ropes, spins away and heads back to ring center. Pep tries to drop the right hand over the top but Sanchez ducks under it. Sanchez splits Pep's gloves with an uppercut. Pep bounces off the ropes, challenging Sanchez to come get him. Pep steps back as he tries to create some punching room. Pep cuts loose with a combination and the crow roars! But the truth is none of those punches landed as Sanchez had his elbows tucked in nicely. Sanchez scores with a pinpoint hook to the chin of Pep. The referee has to get between Pep and Sanchez as they glare at one another. He sends them to their corners as the bell sounds to end the round. Crooks 10-9 Pep (77-75 Pep) My Card 10-9 Pep (77-75 Pep)

Round 9:

They meet at ring center, going toe to toe with Sanchez getting the better of it! They tie up and Jacobsen breaks the clinch. Pep circles the ring. Sanchez misses badly then corners Pep, coming up short with the jab. Willie Pep answers with a hook to the side of the head and Sanchez clinches. Pep is trying to free his gloves, now they break clean. Pep protects his body nicely as Sanchez fails to score inside. Pep digs a short hook to the ribs of Sanchez then they clinch, with neither man willing to break. Finally they separate. Sanchez is either lucky or has radar, Pep's last punch missed by a fraction of an inch. That's a pretty long clinch, do these guys want to hug or fight? Jacobsen separates the two,k with the fighters continuing the action as the bell rings, forcing Jacobsen to step in.
Crooks 10-9 Pep, (87-84 Pep) My Card 10-9 Pep (87-84 Pep)

Round 10:

Sanchez was a bit slow getting off his stool this round. Sanchez is jockeying for position as he tries to force Pep back into the corner. Both these guys look as if they just came out of their dressing rooms. Pep has some spring in his step here in the 10th. Sanchez just can't find the range with that uppercut.Pep lands two hard body shots that make Sanchez grunt. Salvador Sanchez smothers Pep's attack with a clinch! Referee Jacobsen steps in to break i tup. Sanchez pushes Pep away looking for more space to work in. Sanchez moves into a neutral corner as Pep lands a stinging jab. Pep tries to muscle inside but Sanchez clinches. Jacobsen moves them apart. Salvador Sanchez just landed a devastating three punch combo! that series of punches rocked Pep and he looks to be in trouble! Sanchez is trying to avoid shots to the body but he'd better get his hands up! Jacobsen yells at the fighters to break, but Pep and Sanchez are a tangle of arms. Pep shoves Sanchez away. Sanchez lands a solid hook! Pep is faovring his ribs, he's hurt!! Pep fires and misses. Both men look as if they want to keep the fight at center ring. Salvador Sanchez lands a powerful hook right on the button! That's the punch that Sanchez hoped to land! Pep looks to be in bad shape after that blow! The bell rings ending the round. Crooks 10-9 Sanchez (96-94 Sanchez) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (96-94 Sanchez)

Round 11:

Here we go into the championship rounds with neither man marked. Pep uses subtle movement and a tight guard protecting his body as Sanchez tries vainly to score. Pep pops a jab home, that punch didn't hurt, but it still scored. Sanchez misses with that cross, then Pep answers with a short quick uppercut in close. Sanchez is starting to suck wind... Sanchez is looking to protect his body and he's leaving his chin wide open, eating a jab from Pep. Pep has Sanchez trapped in the right neutral corner then connects with an uppercut. Pep clinches then they separate. Sanchez lets his hands go but the shots land on the arms of Pep. Pep connects with a thundering uppercut and Salvador Sanchez drops to the canvas!!!!! The count starts!
Sanchez is hurt but manages to regain his feet. Sanchez still looks unsteady, but Jacobsen allows him to go on, waving the fighters together. Sanchez is dazed as Pep looks to put him away! Sanchez is fatigued, that's going to make him more susceptible to a knockdown. Sanchez retreats into the left corner. Look at that subtle shoulder movement by Pep, see how he rolls them? That throws off the timing of his opponent. That hook from Pep has some power behind it! Sanchez is just looking for a place to fall after that shot! Pep suddenly goes southpaw and tries to find an opening but his punches miss from this side, so he goes back to his orthodox stance. Sanchez is backed into Pep's corner. Pep dances and flicks harmless punches ast Sanchez. Pep bangs away to the body with the hook but there's no leverage on the shot. Pep has Sanchez hurt, but is there time left to finish the job? Sanchez slides into the corner as Pep lets his hands go inside, but Sanchez protects the body well. The round's over and the crowd is still screaming since the knockdown occured. Crooks 10-8 Pep (106-102 Pep) My Card 10-8 Pep (106-102 Pep)

Round 12:

Something's wrong, the bell should have sounded to start...there it is! Both fighters got a few extra seconds of rest between rounds. Pep backs into a neutral corner. Sanchez clinches...Pep gets an arm free, he should be punching with it! Jacobsen breaks them up. Pep backs into the far left corner. Sanchez tries to get a hook into the ribs but Pep blocks it deftly. Pep answers with a quick hook to the body followed by a jab to the solar plexus. Pep telegraphed that shot, and Sanchez ducks under it easily. Pep made Sanchez look foolish as he dodged everything he threw just now. Sanchez would have better luck trying to catch a greased pig. Pep fires a light jab to the stomach, followed by another. Sanchez eyes look good, He seems to be clear-headed after last round's knockdown. Sanchez has Pep trapped in the upper neutral corner. Pep just absorbed a terrifying shot to the body, he's reeling! Sanchez scores with a glancing cross. Pep appears to have a pretty good lead at this point as the seconds tick off ending a close round 12. Crooks 10-9 Sanchez (115-112 Pep) My Card 10-9 Pep (116-111 Pep)

Round 13:

Pep looks to be in good shape as round 13 begins. Sanchez got quite the pep talk in the corner between rounds. Sanchez grabs Pep's head, pulling it down into his chest. Jacobsen has to force the break. Pep looks to work the body but Sanchez covers up nicely. Sanchez swings and misses, a cross to the body by Pep gets through. Pep does a great job ov moving as Sanchez tries to work inside. Sanchez isn't all that graceful, but he moves fairly well in the ring. Sanchez ties up Pep then Pep pushes him away. Sanchez trapps Willy Pep in the lower right neutral corner.Sanchez connects with a violent uppercut! Pep looks to be hurt! Sanchez looks for a breather, grapping Pep and holding on. Sanchez gets pushed away by Pep who looks for an opening. Sanchez pushes Pep away. Both fighters are circling, keeping their distance from one another. Salvador Sanchez shuffles slowly forward, constantly pressuring Pep. They clinch then Sanchez uses his shoulder to force Pep out of the clinch. Definitely not a round of the year candidate, hopefully the action picks up in the next round. Crooks 10-9 Sanchez (124-122 Pep) My Card 10-9 Sanchez (125-121 Pep)

Round 14:

Here come the fighters to ring center. Pep lets his hands go but his punches land on the arms of Sanchez. Pep works downstairs scoring with a series of hooks then Sanchez moves into a neutral corner. Pep doubles up on the jab and manages to land the second one. A big cross from Pep lands with serious impact!Sanchez's eyes are glazed over after that shot, he's definitely hurt! Pep traps Sanchez in the corner! Pep scores with a quick one-two to the midsection. Sanchez is hurt, he looks ready to go, Pep just needs to take his time and land one more big shot. Pep feels his back touch the ropes and immediately moves back to center ring. He doesn't want to get trapped there. Sanchez complains and Jacobsen agrees, waring Pep for holding and hitting. Pep is reaching down deep to try and end this fight now as he knows he knows he has Sanchez in trouble! Pep draws blood with that last punch! The bleeding is coming from the last place you'd want a cut, inside the right eyebrow of Sanchez. The blood is trickling into his eye, and as a corner man you know that's a bad location to try and close. OH! Pep landed the big hook flush! Sanchez is hurt bad! Pep can't find the range as he tries to work the body. Pep misses a jab but scores with the cross. Pep hurt Sanchez with that last shot! He's got him on wobbly legs, let's see if he can close the deal! Pep has Sanchez trapped in the left neutral corner. Pep gets off a quick combination to the body with the right landing. Pep gets off a wicked four-punch combo, scoring to the head and body as Sanchez backs away, sliding into his own corner. Pep drops that right hand flush on Sanchez's chin! That punch has Sanchez staggering around the ring like a drunken sailor! Pep rains a combination of blows to the head and body of Sanchez and Sanchez tastes the canvas here in round 14!!!!!!!
Jacobsen crouches over Sanchez and begins the count....
10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sanchez can't beat the count, it's over! Sanchez has been stopped here in round 14!

A good bout with Sanchez having moments, but Pep being the one showing the power. The judges cards were 126-120, 124-122 and 126-120 for Pep through the 13th. Evening the series, there will be a third match in what is turning into a classic rivalry!
jeff1787

Re: Dream Fights

Post by jeff1787 »

Sweet revenge for Pep. I would like to see Hagler vs. Leonard. I literally almost quit watching boxing after that fight!
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

jeff1787 wrote:Sweet revenge for Pep. I would like to see Hagler vs. Leonard. I literally almost quit watching boxing after that fight!
Up next will be the Mayweather Jr.-Pacquiao rematch. After that we will have the rubber match of what has been a classic, the Pep-Sanchez series.

Then I will do the Hagler vs Leonard fight as requested! 8-)
mwhite

Post by mwhite »

These are fantastic. But I do hate to see WILLIE PEP losing on a technicality - wow! These are very entertaining and I love reading them. Thank you (again) for the time involved and energy. :D
zyberianwarrior

Post by zyberianwarrior »

how about Ali-Tyson and/or Sugar Ray vs Money Man???? :lol:
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

Hey folks,don't know how many of you read these forums these days, but I've decided to dust this thread off and start from where I left off. Please pick your choices for dream fights..will be a 2 out of 3 format . I'll start off with one of my own, Pep vs Sanchez III.
Infinity

Willie Pep vs Salvador Sanchez III

Post by Infinity »

Finally after many years of wrangling the fight everyone has been waiting for is on! The venue is the Dunkin Donuts Center, with Referee Paul Thomas and judges John Lawson, Chuck Giampa and Roy Silbert.

Round 1:

Thomas gives the fighter their final instuctions, the ring clears, the crowd cheering at a tumultuous pace as the bell rings! Willie Pep open things with a glancing ovrhand right that just missed the button.they move into a viscious exchange with both men scoring, though sanchez seems to get the better of it. Pep moves to the outside and scored a smooth combo. Pep is trapped in the corner of Sanchez who fires a wildoverhand right and misses. From there Pep continues to work from the outside landing jabs and combos with Sanchez not doing anything the rest of the round. Lawson 10-9 Pep, Giampa 10-9 Pep, Silbert 10-9 Pep my card 10-9 Pep.

Round 2:

Pep appears in good shape while Sanchez got quite a pep talk in his corner. Sanchez starts off boxing (Unusual for him) with Pep being the early agressor. Pep works to the body with Sanchez trying ineffectively to counter. Pep lands a jab with sanchez backing into a neutral corner as pep then scores a glancing jab, then Pep holds seeming to be taking a breather when Thomas pries them apart. Pep is making Sanchez miss on everything, slipping, moving and dodging with ease. Salvador finally hits pep with a quick hook, but not much steam on it as the round ends Lawson 10-9 Pep, Giampa 10-9 Pep, Silbert 10-9 Pep my card 10-9 Pep. All cards 20-18 Pep through round 2.

Round 3:

Peps Trainer gave Pep encouragement and some solid advice on how to handle Sanchez. The round opens with a vicious exchange with Sanchez getting the better of it. Pep steps back and fires a sweet combination to the head then gets bulled into the corner by Sanchez with the latter firing a wild overhand right that wiffs badly. Pep is really focused on the pre-round advice this round Sanchez misses a hook then retreats into the lower corner. They move to the center with Sanchez grabbing and holding Willie. Thomas breaks them up, followed by a lull in the action, when suddenly Pep unleashes a flurry of rights and lefts but only had a few land. Pep telegraphed that shot then moves into a clinch. After the clinch is broken Sanchez backs up to hitch up his trunks then steals a glance at his cornern. Pep fails to score inside with some nice defense by Sanchez as the round ends.
Lawson 10-9 Pep, Giampa 10-9 Pep, Silbert 10-9 Pep withmy card being 10-9 Pep, All cards 30-27 Pep through 3.

Round 4:

Sanchez rushes out of his corner as the bell rings, all fired up. Pep is in danger of a point deduction for refusing to break that clinch. Pep gives a nice head feint then tosses a combo in bunches, throwing Sanchez off his game followed by a nice flurry that scores well, then misses with ajab but lands a follow up cross. Pep lands a short hook to the head when finally Sanchez wakes up with a jab followed by a hook that both score. Pep shoots the jab into the chest, landing then continues with a uppercut with not much on it asthe bell rings ending Round 4. Lawson, Giamba and Silbert all score the round 10-9 as I do the same, making all scorcards 40-36 Pep.

Round 5:

The bell sounds for round 5 of what has so far been a one sided fight with Pep moving with intent to the center of the round, only to be bulled by sanchez into the ropes. Sanchez landsa stinging jab,then lands as mashing hook! Pep is clutching his side! Pep misses wildy with a hook of his own and then moves into a clinch, pushing Salvador into the corner.Sanchez slides away with Pep standing back and then jumping on his bike moving around smoothly.Pep throws a nice, short uppercut to the jaw of his man followed by a quick hook to the body. Pep goes downstairs with a popping jab. As the round comes to a close both men keep throwing wild shots. That was a good round of action by both men, but the judges all score it 10-9 while I score it 10-10, bringing the judges scorecards all to 50-45 while my card is 50-46.

Round 6:

Pep opens the round with movement while flicking harmless punches at Salvador. Sanchez tries to double up on the jab but both missed. Pep goes to the head and the body with neither punch had much to it. Pep then fires upstairs then scores with a quick cross to the midsection followed by a short uppercut in close. Both men seem to want the fight in the center of the ring Sanchez has Pep blocked in then lands a terrifying shot to the body. the "Will O' the Wisp is in trouble! Pep weathers the storm thenlands a nice short hook inside the defense of Sanchez. Sanchez backs away from a straight forward series of punches by Pep. They move back to ring center then Sanchez catches Pep with a hard Cross then pins Willies arms to his side. the Ref separates the two as the round ends to the crown screaming in approval. All three Judges score a close round giving Pep the nod 10-9 making their cards all 60-54 while I had it as a tie 10-10 moving my card to 60-56.

Round 7:

Both fighters show virtually no damage as the bell rings starting the 7th. Pep tosses a clean jab with Sanchez bouncing off the ropes beckining pep to come get him. Look out! That was a straight hard right by Sanchez!. Pep was stunned momentarily then Sanchez oddly moves back to a neutral cornerPep blasts two wicked shots to the ribs ofSanchez and you saw him wince3 with pain. pep scores with the first of two jabs "Will O' the Wisp tries to go to the body but the defense of Sanchez is inpeneratable. Pep lands a stinging jab with Sanchez protecting the body when he should have had his hands up high. Pep retrats into the far left corner causing Sanchez to miss badly. Sanchez is screming "finish the round stong!" Sanchez comes up short with the jab then shows nice body mnovement that gives Pep fits. It looks like Pep has a pretty solid lead at this stage of the fight. A look to the scorecards shows all 3 judges giving Pep the nod increasing the lead to 70-53. I had it Pep with my card standing at 70-65.

Round 8:

Sanchez's corner men did their job with quiet efficiency and confidence. Pep starts off the action with a lead cross to the body. Sanchez appears to be slowing a bit. Sanchez darts in landing a fast jab then mvoing in and out, in and out, in an effort to throw Pep off his game. Pep fires and misses and Sanchez fires back fast but also misses. Pep gets inside and fires a hook to the body of Sanchez. That shot actually went behind the head of Pep as he moved inside of a looping shot from Salvador Sanchez. That was a reckless uppercut from Sanchez, but it still lands with a thud to the chin. Pep drills Sanchez with a solid jab then misses with a quick left-right combo. Sanchezhurts Pep with some serious body work. There's a lead right hand that finds its mark.. That can be a dangerous punch if Pep can land a solid one. Sanchez lands with a thunderous hook to Pep's Body. Pep seems to have a pretty goodlead at this point, though they both went at it hot and heavy in that round. All 3 judges gave Sanchez his first round of the fight 10-9 to make the score 79-73 with my score also being 10-9 Sanchez for a 79-75 lead by Pep.

Round 9:

Sanchez opens with a big hook to the jaw followed by another hook to the side that doesn't hurt much. Pep fires back with a hook of his own. Salvador Sanchez lands a crushing right to pep's Jaw! That blow connected solidly and stunned Pep. The fighters are tied up, with Sanchez trying to work free to attack the dazed Pep yet again. Thomas separates the two. Pep misses with an uppercut from way outside leaving himself wide open for a counter. They work their way to the center of the ring when suddenly Sanchez landed a combo withsome seriouspower in it. Pep was staggered again! Sanchez misses with a cross then Pep fires back with an open hand drawing a warning from the ref. Sanchez just misses with a huge shot as Pep picked the exact time to packaway as the bell rings. Lawson scores the round 10-9 Sanchez (88-83), Giampa scores it 10-9 (88-83) for sanchez and Roy Silbert rounds up the official scoring at 10-9 Sanchez (88-83). I had the round 10-9 Sanchez with my score being 88-85 Pep.

Round 10:

Pep appears to be in great shape as theroundstarts. Sanchez traps Pep into the corner with Sanchez trying to go downstairs but can't penetrate Pep's iron clad defense. bothy fighters try to work inside with Pep blasting home a hook. Sanchez missed with a punch, pushing it out instead of cutting loose with it. Sanchez lands a wicked cross! How in the world is Pep still standing after that one? Pep backs into a neutral corner and Sanchez follows up with a solid hook under the ribs. Pep clinches yet again only to have the ref quickly move them apart. Pep flicks 3 quick jabs and at least one got through. Theres's an uppercut by Pep. that opening has been there all night long for him. Pep apears to have this fight under control. Lawson 10-9 Sanchez, Giampa 10-9 Pep and Silbert 10-9 Sanchez with the scores 97-93, 98-92 and 97-93. I scored it 10-9 Sanchez closing the score to 97-95 Pep.

Round 11:

Sanchez stood inthe corner between rounds and quickly comes out as both men appear fresh to begin the 11th. Thomas yells at the fighters to separate but Pep and Sanchez are a tangle of arms. Pep lets his hands go but Sanchez protects his body well. Sanchez lets loose a vicious cross right down the pipe that cathces Pep flush! willy Pep was rattled and hurt by that shot! Sanchez follows up with shots to the body but Pep blocks them nicely. Pep swings....and misses then scores to the midsection with a combo. Pep cuts loose with a combination and the crown roars, but the truth is none of those shots landed. Sanchez had his elbows tucked in nicely. OH! Sanchez landed the big hook flush! Pep has rubber legs after that shot! Pep leans on Sanchez and fires a weak hook to the ribs. Pep is on his bicycle ashe looks to stay away from Sanchez. Thomas warns Sanchez for holding and hitting, although he is doing more holding than hitting. Thomas breaks a clinch then Sanchez moves in with a violent straight right hand! Pep is hurt again! There's a hard shot off the top of Pep's head that visibly shook Pep to the bones! Thebell sounds ending the round. The ring girl is about to clime through the ropes to the whistles and cheers of the crowd. Lawson has the round 10-9 Sanchez (106-103) Giampa has it 10-9 Sanchez (107-102), and Silbert rounds it out with another 10-9 Sanchez (106-103) I score it 10-9 Sanchez for a close (106-105) Pep by one.

Round 12:

Both fighters look determined as the 12th starts. Pep flicks a jab to the stomach of Sanchez. Sanchez takes a heavy hook downstairs as he is visibly hurt by Peps hardest shot of the night. Pep is bouncing on his toes, avoiding Sanchez trying to move in. Pep connects with a double jab, followed by a right, then he lets go another jab followed by a left and both missed. Pep is giving Sanchez a lot of side to side movement. Sanchez scores with a crisp uppercut inside and Pep fires back with a hook to the side of the head. the bel rings ending the 12th with the scores being 10-9 Pep on all three cards including my own. Lawson scores it 116-112, Giampa has it 117-111 and Silbert is at 116-112 while I have it 116-114 Pep.

Round 13:

Pep scores with a nice short hook inside on Sanchez. Watch Pep move, he's darting in and out, in and out keeping Sanchez off balance. Sanchez moves in low, but Pep putsa headlock on him, with the ref knocking Pep's arm off Salvadors head. Sanchez tries to break free of yet another clinch by Pep and here comes Paul Thomas to break it up. pep moves to the center of the ring, taunting Sanchez with his hands by his side, when Sanchez lets go a paralizing cross! Pep isoing to need to regroup after that blow. Aheavy jab to the midsection sting Pep. Pep then gets on his bicycle moving from corner to corner, forcing Sanchez to chase him as the bell rings. Lawson scores it 10-9 Sanchez (125-122), Giampa has it 10-9 Sanchez (126-121) and Silbert has it 10-9 Sanchez (125-122) I have it 10-9 Sanchez for a 125-124 lead by Pep.
Round 14:

Pep doubles up to the body, catching Sanchez's attention with those shots. Pep wraps up Sanchez, with neither fighter wanting to break before the ref finally breaks them up. Pep quickly pulls up his trunks then they have a solid exchange, with Pep getting the short side of that one. Wow, that last shot seemed to stun Sanchez with Pep getting an added benefit from the punch due to Sanchez now bleeding. That Gash is serious and it couldn't be much worse as it appears to be literally inside of the right eyebrow of Salvador. The fighters jockey back and forth and now Thomas stops the fight and called a timeout. He's taking Sanchez by the arm and leading himn to the ringside doctor to take a look at the cut above his eye. After a good long look by the doc he allows the fight to continue. the A cross to the body by Sanchez scores. Pep ties up Sanchez yet another time as the ref breaks them up. Pep smothers Sanchez's attack as Sanchez tries to get off some shots inside. He then lands with an uppercut tothe head ofSanchez. Pep drives home a wicked hook to the midsection! Sanchez is gasping for air! Sanchez regroups andlandsa stinging jab as the bell rings ending round 14. Lawson, Giampa and Silbert each have it 10-9 Pep with the respective scores of 135-131, 136-131, and 135-131. I have it 10-9 Pep making my score 135-133.

Round 15:

The bell rings for the 15th and final round as Pep and Sanchez touch gloves at center then quickly back into fighting stances. Sanchez's corner men did a grat job on the cut of the right eyebrow, you can'teven notice the cut by looking at him now. Pep throws a flurry of punchez but Sanchez either blocks or slips them. Sanchez connects with a viscious hook!! Pep looks hurt... He's stubling backward! Sanchez's corner is urging him to follow up! Pep collects his wits and then lands a vicious cross of his own! That blow landed hard to the head and Sanchez is stunned! Salvador Sanchez splits Willie Pep's gloves with an uppercut. It's a sweet uppercut by Sanchez! He snapped Pep's headstraight back with that punch! Pep doubles up with the hook to the body but Sanchez is unphased. Sanches drops the right hand flush to peps chin! Pep suddenly has a vacent look in his eyes, that's a bad sign! Sanchez eats a jab moving in then lands a punch that caught Pep clean. He brings his arms up in a defensive posture. Now he pitches forward! Pep goes down in the 15th! off a cross by Sanchez!
Thomas starts counting...
Pep is trying gallantly to get up off the canvas as the count reaches 2.
7... Pep gets back on is feet! He now must take the manditory 8.
Thomas seems convinced that Pep is ok and the fight willcontinue with 9 seconds left on the clock! Pep does a great job ofmoving as Sanchez stalks him when the bell rings with the crowd on their feet! The fight goes to the judges after an electrifying 15th round of action.

After collecting the cards, here is the call by Michael Buffer!

ladies and Gentlemen, here are your scores! Judge John Lawson scores it 143-141, Judge Chuck Giampa has the score 144-140 and Roy Silbert had it 143-141
For the winner by Unanimous Decision, Willie "Will O' the Wisp Pep!

I thought for sure this fight was going to be a runaway after the first 7 rounds of the fight. but with Sanchez surging through the final stages of the fight, it became much closer. My final score was 145-145 and myself and all 3 judges had that final round 10-8.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

The next few fights have been scheduled based on requests and a couple personal choices:

Mayweather Jr.-Pacquiao II with III if needed.

Hagler vs Leonard

Robinson vs Mayweather

Leonard vs Mayweather and Moore-Foster.
zyberianwarrior

Post by zyberianwarrior »

not bad at all continue to post here and ootp