Can't Install Game

This forum is intended to act as technical support for users who have issues or questions regarding the PISD Webstore.
holmes44

Can't Install Game

Post by holmes44 »

I purchased TBCB yesterday. I downloaded it from the website but I can't install it. When I go into downloads, open the folder and click on the installer.pkg I get the message com.apple.installer.pagecontroller error -1. I also can't access my serial numbers on the P.I.S.D. website. When I click on the link from the e-mail I received when I purchased the game I get an error message. I've purchased several games from you guys before and everything worked well. Can I get some help please as to how to resolve this. I am putting the game on a MacBook Pro with Sierra version 10.12.1.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Can't Install Game

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi, the .pkg file is a custom data file so I am not surprised that MacOS does not know what to do with it. Try clicking on the "setup.app" application as it will read this data file and install the game from it.

IIRC from Sierra onwards Apple have added very aggressive security which makes running apps downloaded from the Internet difficult. The cynic in me thinks its an attempt to get more people to use the MacOS Appstore at 30% extra cost! So you might need to turn this off in the settings to allow the setup app to run. If you do make sure you turn it back on after!

I have resolved this in the next version by placing the installer in a signed .dmg file.
holmes44

Post by holmes44 »

That makes sense. Just FYI: When I downloaded the game it created a data folder Titleboutchamion2013. Inside was a folder titled data and a program called setup. Inside the data folder was the installer.pkg file. When I tried to open the setup file it wouldn't work and told me no data found. I had to move the setup program into the data folder with the.pkg program to get it to work.

Now the next problem. I can't find my serial numbers. I go back to the e-mail that says I can find my serial numbers here and click the link. It asks me to login but when I put in my username and password it says it is incorrect.
holmes44

Post by holmes44 »

I figured out the license issue. It was right in front of me, just wasn't seeing it.

Thanks