OOTP 11 for Linux - License troubles

This forum is intended to act as technical support for users who have issues or questions regarding the PISD Webstore.
Halfbeak

OOTP 11 for Linux - License troubles

Post by Halfbeak »

Like a number of people, I'm having really irritating troubles with my license key. I can enter one of my licenses, have it work fine for awhile and then just it will just quit working and inform me that the key is invalid. Releasing the key and re-entering it sometimes works, or I may have to enter the second license. Occasionally, like right now neither key works for awhile. Furthermore, I have attempted offline registration and it never works, returning a message that the license can not be activated and then giving wholly unhelpful information about case sensitivity and checking the website. On my OOTP Webstore account, it says both licenses are available.

I have been struggling with the terrible system since I paid for my license a week or so ago. Any advice on how to solve this once and for all? (Please do not ask me to read the FAQ. It is not in any way helpful.)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: OOTP 11 for Linux - License troubles

Post by Paul Norman »

I am sorry to hear you are having so much trouble. It does sound strange that you were able to briefly use the system and yet both licenses are unused. I am at a loss to explain how that could happen. As a result I suggest we start at the beginning. Can you start the game from a shell using this command:

ootp11 --pisd-showdebug=all >to_pisd.txt

Then try to licence the game and quit. Email the "to_pisd.txt" file created along with your license numbers to webstore@pisd.co.uk so I can investigate your problem further.
Centerfield

Post by Centerfield »

I am currently experiencing the same trouble on my Linux system, only using OOTP10, I am hesitant to upgrade to 11 for just this reason. My licenses all state that they are Available and Unused, but they are not accepted by the game when I try to use their serial numbers. I got some help from some of the tech support guys, and had the game running again for about a week. Now neither license gets me operating again.

I was wondering how this problem was ultimately resolved.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Can you email your licenses to webstore@pisd.co.uk and mention this post. I will have a look at your licenses and see why they are failing and post back here.