TBCB Video

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

Re: TBCB Video

Post by Cap »

I guess it is what it is. I won't lose any sleep if it never comes out. I've still got 2.5 for now. When I see the kinds of video games the kids play now, Title Bout will only ever be a niche game in the niche genre of text-based sims which probably accounts for less than 1 percent of video game sales. Even a large infusion of cash wouldn't change that.
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

I take your points Cap but there are boxing games planned on PC, on mobile platforms and on online browsers. I'm not saying they are or will be massively profitable (although I am pretty sure one of them turns a profit) but at least some developers think there is a market there.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Hi, Rob. How many years have we heard of boxing games being "planned" for various platforms? They usually turn out to be crap arcade games that get tiresome in very short order. Title Bout 2.0 and 2.5 were unique. I haven't seen anything come close to it for its scope and replay value. Sad to say. The kids are into pro wrestling and UFC. There just doesn't seem to be a huge market in North America for boxing anymore. It's become an "event" sport with only the few marquee names attracting casual fans. It seems in better shape in Europe. So potential developers there need to strike while the iron is warm...
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

Cap wrote:Hi, Rob. How many years have we heard of boxing games being "planned" for various platforms? They usually turn out to be crap arcade games that get tiresome in very short order. Title Bout 2.0 and 2.5 were unique. I haven't seen anything come close to it for its scope and replay value. Sad to say. The kids are into pro wrestling and UFC. There just doesn't seem to be a huge market in North America for boxing anymore. It's become an "event" sport with only the few marquee names attracting casual fans. It seems in better shape in Europe. So potential developers there need to strike while the iron is warm...
Yes Cap we have seen plenty of false dawns. There does seem to be more interest and more platforms than ever before in boxing games though. Unfortunately if you regard TBCB as "the daddy" of them all there is only one TBCB.
Cap

Post by Cap »

If the Alpha version is 80-90% complete then we should see the beta version in another year or so. Testing and tweaking should take another year and a half to two years at present rate, remembering that Paul is not making a dime on this project and won't make much if anything on the completed game. I figure I have a few good years left. Here's hoping 2.5 lasts me until the next thing comes out. :-D
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Coupe of questions:

1. Any fresh updates on the game

2. Will there be mandatories im the career mode side of the game?
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Any chance of it coming out before Christmas :?
Rob Morris

Post by Rob Morris »

lewis9a wrote:Any chance of it coming out before Christmas :?
Which Christmas???
Cap

Post by Cap »

:lol: :roll: