Problem Importing 2.5 Universes

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

zerwau

Problem Importing 2.5 Universes

Post by zerwau »

I can't seem to be able to import my universes from the 2.5 edition. I can find T.B. Boxing 2.5. It then goes to "data", then to commentary/skins/sound/templates. None of these contains a 2.5 universe. How would I find the actual universes to import?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Problem Importing 2.5 Universes

Post by Paul Norman »

Hi, the fool proof way of finding your 2.5 saved games is to do a search for the file "tbdatabase.dat" as this is the main saved game file. You need to select the folder that file is in when importing a game.

FYI: On my system the saved games are stored in "My Documents/Out of the Park Developments/Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5/SavedGames"
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

Thanks for the help Paul. I did find my old universes in the tb2.5 location as you suggested. But how do they get copied or imported into tb2013? When trying to copy a universe from 2.5 I couldn't find a location in the new game. In tb2013 I found commentary, defaultskin, docs, fonts, etc, but no saved game folder. If I need to import what are the actual mechanics of the operation?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

You do not need to manually copy anything when you import v2.5 saved game. The import button on the create game dialog does everything for you as the file formats are different. Its not simply a case of copying the data need converting at the same time.
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

I'm still unable to import any tb2.5 universes

Here is how I try to step-by-step import my 2.5 universes. This is the path I take. Maybe someone can figure out what I'm doing wrong.
1. I enter a new game name
2. Import v2.5 save is now highlighted
3. Program files (x86)
4. Out of the Park Developments
5. Title Bout Championship Boxing
6. Data
7. I am now given a choice of Commentary, Skins, Sound, and Templates. Each one is a dead end and doesn't lead to a game folder of any kind. There doesn't appear to be anywhere that I can manually enter anything.

What am I doing wrong?
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

check your my documents folders. 2.5 saves game data there.
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

Thanks. Paul had mentioned that before as well. The problem was that "My Documents" was not an option in the choices from my "C" drive. I solved the problem by copying One of my universes into another location. I then was able to import it into tb2013.

Something else. I thought I read somewhere that when a universe is imported the photos come along as well. I have an extensive number of announcer, cornermen, fighters, etc from tb2.5 that weren't imported with my universe. I could try to copy them group by group but there doesn't appear to be an image file in tb2013. Any thoughts?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Ah, pictures are not part of a saved game as they are loaded in all games. So they cannot be imported with the game. However this is easy to sort. Copy your pics into the correct folder in "My Documents/tbcb2013/data/images"