Can't Create New Game

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

zerwau

Can't Create New Game

Post by zerwau »

I suddenly cannot create a new game. For some reason my keypad refuses to work when trying to create a new game. I've tried it for the past couple of days and nothing. I can't enter a start or end year either. The checkmarks can be eliminated or added, but nothing can be typed. I can type anything and everything else, including of course this message.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Can't Create New Game

Post by Paul Norman »

What TBCB version are you running and what OS? Can you use cntr-c and cntr-v to copy and paste into the text box? (note on a mac you need to use the cmd key rather than the cntr key)
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

Actually now it is working. The game is accepting my keyboard input. This is how it has been. A couple days it doesn't work. Then it does work. It's all very frustrating

Another frustration is I can't enter any groups. Following the instructions on page 20 of the manual I click EDIT, click NEW, but then there is nowhere to enter any group name. I can type in the NOTES section, but nothing else. I went to the organization screen and that worked fine. There was a box to type a response. No such luck with GROUPS.

I'm running Windows 7. Unsure of the TBCB version. Whatever it was when I bought the game a couple of weeks ago.
Infinity

Post by Infinity »

If you look at the name it says in grey: Not set. If you click on the grey area then it will allow you to type in the name of your new group.
zerwau

Post by zerwau »

It works. It was difficult to see the words in that grayed out section. Maybe everybody else could see them, but I didn't. Groups worked fine. I was even able to move fighters into the groups without difficulty. Although I wish there was a way to select random fighters and move them into groups all at once instead of one at a time. I tried selecting more than one by using the Ctrl key, but it didn't work. But, as always, thanks for the help.