"Your license is out of date" message

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

timbobw28

"Your license is out of date" message

Post by timbobw28 »

I tried to play the game today and I get a "Your license is out of date" message. Why is this happening and how do I resolve this problem? Everything was working fine the other day, but today I can not play the game. Any help in resolving this issue is appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim
Infinity

Re: "Your license is out of date" message

Post by Infinity »

Tim,

Try logging into the P.I.S.D. webstore and releasing both licenses. Then after you get the release, try re-entering the licenses, this should fix your issue. If that doesn't work, please return here and post on this thread again and let Paul know, because that's the extent that I can help. Good luck!

John
Cap

Post by Cap »

Odd this should happen to at least three owners at the same time. Wonder what the underlying cause is?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Tried re-entering the "Unused" license and it just sat there. No reaction. Any other suggestions? Should I delete the game and purchase another license? Is there some game file that needs alteration or deletion? Would waving a dead chicken over my laptop dispel the evil juju that is preventing me from enjoying this fabulously marvelous masterpiece of gaming technology?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

The "out of date" issue has been resolved in v1.3, but in previous versions it is cleared by reconnecting your pc to the internet and restarting the game. If your PC is standalone then manually release and re-enter your licence.

The game should not "Just sit there" when entering you licence. Check your internet connection and/or use the manual off-line licensing option.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:The "out of date" issue has been resolved in v1.3, but in previous versions it is cleared by reconnecting your pc to the internet and restarting the game. If your PC is standalone then manually release and re-enter your licence.

The game should not "Just sit there" when entering you licence. Check your internet connection and/or use the manual off-line licensing option.
Not having any other internet-related problem. As for the manual off-line option, it doesn't work for me. Not sure what you mean by "..reconnecting your pc to the internet and restarting the game.." My laptop is always connected to the web unless my ISP is down and that's not the case. No amount of restarts has gotten me anywhere. The only thing I noticed is the screen wobbles for a split second the first time I hit TRY AGAIN. Also FULL SCREEN seems to be active.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Can you ping webstore1.pisd.co.uk?

This error means the game can;t see that server. I can;t think why the screen would 'wobble' as all the game does is try to open a connection to that server. If it does the game will load, if it does not the dialog is shown again.

Try switching into windowed mode in case something else is trying to pop up a window. Maybe a message from Windows or Firewall program..
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

Is 1.3 available yet?

What does it take to get it if we already have a previous version?
timbobw28

Post by timbobw28 »

Just curious if there ever is going to be a workable solution to this issue. I just want to be able to play this game sometime soon.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Have you tried again? I changed my server yesterday and so far lots of people are reporting the error is resolved. If it still fails, please email your serial number to someone@pisd.co.uk and I will take a look...
count_herout

Post by count_herout »

I'll report this here since it does not really fit on the "bug" thread:

Previously, I reported that I was having trouble getting my TB2.5 to work in my new #3 computer (which also is not usually attached to the internet).

This problem was solved when I configured the game to Windows 7 (the original restoration disk was designed for XP).

However, all this did was call up 2.5 in demo mode, and now I have till 04 December to install my (old) license.

I tried to do that today (!!/24) and received an "Error 11" message.

Apparently, whoever is in charge of the old version now (I assume it is P.I.S.D.) reads my 2.5 license against the two licenses I have for TB2013 and reports that I have too many licenses already. (This is what "error 11" means.)

The problem is that 2.5 never had any limitation on the number of licenses one could have, provided ALL of the computers so licensed belong to the license holder.

For me, this is, indeed, the case.

I'll release my second 2013 license and see if that works (I want 2013 on the #3 machine anyway); neverthless, I'd like to get this fixed since I want to use the #3 copy of 2.5 for a backup.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I am afraid that P.I.S.D. Ltd has no access to the v2.5 licensing tools and therefore I cannot offer any support for that version. You need to contact Andreas @ OOTP Developments for help with 2.5...

I can confirm the TB2013 and TB2.5 do not interfere with one another in any way. The closest you can get to a link is that TB2013 will import a TB2.5 game without changing the original. If you are having issues with 2013 please clarify what is going wrong and I will assist you as best I can...
sentry85

Post by sentry85 »

i just acquired this out of date message also. any help would be appreciated.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Do you have TB2013 or an earlier version? Have you tried the advice above in this thread?
sentry85

Post by sentry85 »

i have both but this is on tb2013. i am trying to get my serial # from the webstore. perhaps that will help. thanks