UPDATES Please

General chat about Title Bout, boxing or anything else of general interest.

Moderator: Infinity

Cap

UPDATES Please

Post by Cap »

It's been a while now, Paul. Hows about a wee update? Maybe, Gawd be praised, a screenshot! :o
javier_83

Re: UPDATES Please

Post by javier_83 »

yeahhh i support this :) jejeje from london to Mexico :)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

I have just posted an update here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31326&p=33186#p33186

I am not able to offer a screen shot at the moment as I have not implemented the skin yet. However the next best thing is some development mockups showing the new skin design:

http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/ ... e_dev_2015
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Mock ups look great! This game has the potential to be unreal. Real hope the career mode is a success, I am happy to wait a while if it means it is implemented correctly
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:I have just posted an update here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=31326&p=33186#p33186

I am not able to offer a screen shot at the moment as I have not implemented the skin yet. However the next best thing is some development mockups showing the new skin design:

http://www.titleboutboxing.com/cgi-bin/ ... e_dev_2015
Many thanks for the mock-ups. If not impossible, ask Aurelio to make the bars on the left and right thinner so you can drop the fighter photos down and make them larger. This will give you more space for long names, as many latino and Asian boxers have them. In TB2013 I see fighters names and records truncated due to lack of space. I believe it is important to have fighters pics as large as they were in version 2.5 and it would be nice to be able to rotate photos to show fighters aging.

Thanks again.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Hehehe, I knew you would mention the picture size! I have already talked with Aurelio about making them bigger, so do not fear....
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Meant to ask Paul is there any plans as to how the career mode will be? or is that still in the planning process?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

A bit of both... Nothing is set in stone tho if you have a sugestion...
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Could maybe set up an ideas page on here? would like to see ideas bounced around

I would like to see continental titles added such as the European etc.

Also a good ranking system, maybe the 4 major organisations and then an independent ranking system similar to The Ring/Boxrec rankings
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

There is one, its the wish list forum:

viewforum.php?f=11

People post there idea's and wants there..
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

good stuff Paul ... can't wait to get a test file to start playing with!
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

wow i skip to visit the page a couple of days and we have mockups screenshoots :D

Thanks Paul!!
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:Hehehe, I knew you would mention the picture size! I have already talked with Aurelio about making them bigger, so do not fear....
Ahem....Like George Chuvalo I plan on wearing you down. :D

The actual "battle screen" is essential to the immersiveness of Title Bout. It's where all your planning and preparation comes to a violent conclusion. I realize you have to cater to the segment of fans who play the game on touchscreens, but those titles at the top of the screen with fighters' names and ring records AND the boxers photos are the only real connections between the player and the fighters they're watching. You need space at the top for both the names, which can, in many cases, be very long and veteran fighters' ring records. I hate seeing these getting cut off. Makes the whole thing look kinda pokey. The default font needs to be something simple and easy to decipher at a glance.

The Stats/Condition etc bars at the sides take up way too much real estate as is. Give space up for pics and the arena's name, which is hardly noticeable now. And for those of us who are partly colour-blind, give us the option to switch colours on those bars. The ones on the right are hard for me to see.

Oh, yeah. Someone else asked if the ref could pop up once in a while. Say, when a point is taken away. And when a fighter is KO'd, the picture should show the ref raising the winner's hand while the loser is being seen to by his cornermen.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Thank for your comments I will do my best. You know the best way to keep an eye on these issues is to beta test the game!
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:Thank for your comments I will do my best. You know the best way to keep an eye on these issues is to beta test the game!
I plan to.
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

July NEws?? :)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Plodding on... Have half the skin in place, working with Aurelio to finish this. I have two database bugs that I need to find, fix and test. General development plodding onwards ;)
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

yeii!! glad to see that the game is closer!! :)
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Love seeing pics of the development if and when there is anything of note to get us all excited
icetea

Post by icetea »

I like the new look of the game screen. It's easier to find what you want to do.
scobear

Post by scobear »

icetea wrote:I like the new look of the game screen. It's easier to find what you want to do.

I agree
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

Actually seems to be cleaner!! ahh i can't wait!!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Any further updates now we're into August?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul's window for working on the game is pretty narrow what with the looming update to OOTP baseball again. He's trying his best I think, but he's one guy with the same responsibilities at home as the rest of us. From what I've seen it takes hours and hours to code small segments of games like this. Don't hold your breath.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Paul does an amazing job, which takes a lot of time and hard work. Any little update is something to keep some interested though I feel!
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

OK, I quick update... The skin has been held for 3 wks as Aurelio had a family trip booked. He will be back soon and I hope to finish enough of the skin to show you something. Meanwhile, I have been coding the Aging and Regeneration module. This is one of the key features of the career game as it will project the passage of time onto the fighters, cornermen, judges, referees and of course the ring card girls... I have the media/news frame work in place you can receive feedback from the AI components as well as respond to them!

So while it might seem quiet to you guys, thats a sign I am working hard and making progress :)
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Sounds brilliant!! Thanks for the update and your hard work!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

My monthly request for any updates has arrived haha! hope things are well Paul
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:My monthly request for any updates has arrived haha! hope things are well Paul
The alpha team is working well to find bugs which is a good sign. I am developer testing the fighter aging and it seems to be working. I am sure it will need tuning still, but at least the logic is working and tied into the media module. I will now work on Cornermen, refs, exports etc...
Cap

Post by Cap »

Keep at it, Paul. Nose to the grindstone, eh! The eyes of a nation are upon you. (Well, a few crazy old guys anyway.) :lol: :D :mrgreen: :)
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Would you say it's looking like a 2016 release now Paul? Mind you I'm a teacher so don't have much time to play for a while anyway haha
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:Would you say it's looking like a 2016 release now Paul? Mind you I'm a teacher so don't have much time to play for a while anyway haha
I am hoping to get it out before then, but its more important that its ready and not rushed to release.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Thanks for the reply, I think everyone ois agreed on that!

Looking forward to future screenshots etc :D
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul Norman wrote:
HarveyChamp1 wrote:Would you say it's looking like a 2016 release now Paul? Mind you I'm a teacher so don't have much time to play for a while anyway haha
I am hoping to get it out before then, but its more important that its ready and not rushed to release.
Totally agree with this. Don't want to be hearing complaints about bugs afterwards, especially from me. :D
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Hopefully we will get some screenshots or development news soon to up the excitement levels :P :P
Cap

Post by Cap »

So Paul, are you still working on the boxing sim or have you been seconded back to the OOTP baseball team to work on the next version?

Just to point out this is November of 2015. Only one other month left in this year. Nice to hear a progress report.

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Cap wrote:So Paul, are you still working on the boxing sim or have you been seconded back to the OOTP baseball team to work on the next version?
A bit of both, I always will have OOTP support items its only the amount of time they take from TB that differs.
Cap wrote:Just to point out this is November of 2015. Only one other month left in this year. Nice to hear a progress report.
I did post a min update recently but I think it was inside the alpha testing team. You will be pleased to know there is a newly skinned fight page with big pictures! There are slightly bigger than in TB2.5, so I hope you will approve of them. I have the regen module working on all humans in the game. This is not just fighters but also cutman, trainers, judges, experts etc. even ring card girls! I am now working on the finance model, which controls the balance in the game. The more your fighters succeed, the bigger the fight cards, the bigger the income, the more expensive/experienced the cornermen you can afford, the better your reputation, the bigger names will want to join you/you can afford... So as you see, the finance is the key to gluing all the other AI parts together.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Would it be possible to get any screenshots Paul?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:Would it be possible to get any screenshots Paul?
I am working on it... while most of the skinning is complete there are a few areas that still need work. I need to have the skin complete before I release screen shots else it will look rather strange....
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

i cant wait to see this game!! this will finish my lack of social life jajaja!!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

I'm so excited for this game guys haha
Cap

Post by Cap »

Don't get too excited. It sounds like it is still far from finished or ready for beta-testing even.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

True but as long as the quality is good I will be fine with the wait
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

that video proves that is far that i was expecting!! ahh cant wait to play it!
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Is it a 2016 release date now Paul?
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

hi Paul you mentioned recently you were working on the finance aspect of the new game. Was wondering how you got on with that and was/is it difficult to implement
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

HarveyChamp1 wrote:hi Paul you mentioned recently you were working on the finance aspect of the new game. Was wondering how you got on with that and was/is it difficult to implement
The problem with the finance model is that it is linked with so many others, fighter contracts, cornerman contract, scheduling etc. so its a massive task...
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Must be frustrating and difficult! Have a Merry Christmas Paul and get back at it January!
Cap

Post by Cap »

Too bad there aren't some basic aspects of OOTP that you could use to help you along. Oh well. There's always next year.
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Happy new year guys! Any updates regarding the new game? Hopeful of 1st quarter?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Happy new year everyone... I have been working over the Christmas break to clear down bugs that have been reported (both TB and OOTP). I am now looking into the scheduler to plan AI fights...
Cap

Post by Cap »

Thanks, Paul. Keep up your good work.

Cap
javier_83

Post by javier_83 »

my bugs!!! you killed them :(
monagfam

Post by monagfam »

I was just curious if you had any estimations on when you expect (or would like) this to be available. I know there is a lot of testing going on -- I had some leftover Christmas money I was trying to determine how I might burn. :)
HarveyChamp1

Post by HarveyChamp1 »

Aye an update or screenshot would be fab :D
Cap

Post by Cap »

Paul seems to be running silent at the moment. Hope everything is okay. Wonder if he ever heard from Azza about new funding?