LIcense Problems

This forum is intended to act as technical support for users who have issues or questions regarding the PISD Webstore.
etcmoore

LIcense Problems

Post by etcmoore »

I actually have 2 problems...

1. The first license listed does not work no matter what I do.

2. The second license works for a while but then seemingly randomly I get the notification while starting the game that makes it look like I've been running the demo and am now required to purchase a license. I have re-entered the second license probably 3 or 4 times so far. A few weeks after purchasing the game I did have to reload Linux on my laptop, I re-installed OOTP entered the license key and it worked, but that is when the issue started where I have to re-enter my license key from time to time.

Thanks.

Reference: 4AJ879318M462862F
Payment: USD 39.99
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: LIcense Problems

Post by Paul Norman »

Check out this forum for information on how the licensing system works:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

There are a few key videos to show the system in action. If you still get this issue with the license 'dropping out' can you use the offline mode (see above) and email me the offline string INSTEAD of pasting on the webstore webpage as in the instructions. My email is someone@pisd.co.uk.

It is important that you leave the failing license as it is and just send me the offline registration string as I will need to compare the two to see what the system thinks has changed.
etcmoore

Post by etcmoore »

Again today I had to re-enter the registration info.

I tried the off-line registration this last time the game told me it wasn't registered. No matter what I did I could not get the clipboard information to paste into the email I was trying to send to you. I tried CTRL-V, right-click-paste, etc. My computer kept pasting clipboard information from before I did the off-line registration.

If it matters, I'm running the Linux version.

Thanks.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Oh, what X desktop are you using? The clipboard was built with gnome in Mint so if you are running KDE/Xfce there might be a bug for me to look into. What distro do you use?

There is another way to get the same information from the command line. Open a shell, go to your OOTP installation directory and type this:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./lib64:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./ootp16_64bit --pisd-hwlock > to_pisd

Then you should see the string I need in a file named 'to_pisd'. If you do it now, then when you next get a license issue run the command again, and send me both files. This will give me exactly what I need to find your issue.
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

If you are using ootp17 you can click on the webstore button on the licensing dialog and it will give you the same controls as Title Bout 2015/Tb3 used in the videos. There is a help button there which will email me directly from within the game. So:

Licensing Dialog -> Webstore -> Help

Then enter your email address/serial number and put your forum name in the comment, then press 'send info'
HerbeMannABg

LIcense Problems

Post by HerbeMannABg »

Im happy to upgrade - however I need to enter V2 license detail and I dont know how to locate it. Can you help?
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

> V2 license detail

I am sorry but I don't know what you mean...
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

When you get the error you should see some red text appear. It should start "PD" and then have a number after it. What is that red text?