Boxers disappear or change weight class

This is where you can find help or assitance with Title Bout Championship Boxing.

Moderator: Infinity

Mikeb3

Boxers disappear or change weight class

Post by Mikeb3 »

Paul... I'm having a problem where boxers disappear from the database and then reappear some time later. Also boxers are automatically changing weight class and ratings, (I've disabled the aging factor). For example, I might log on to continue a game and notice that Billy Miske and Jess Willard are no longer listed with the heavyweights. If I search for them under "all fighters" and "all groups", they are not listed. They might be gone for several log ons before they magically appear again. Another example is Nino Valdes. He disappears from the heavyweight category but then appears as a super middleweight, with a rating changed to zero. Another quirk I've found is boxers you can't select for a match. For instance, if I select James Toney for a fight, Tony Canzoneri is listed. This happens with others as well. This is just a few examples of some 12-24 boxers I've noticed so far. It's extremely frustrating.
Cap

Re: Boxers disappear or change weight class

Post by Cap »

Not just you, mate. I've seen the same thing with boxers being replaced by others. Paul was able to fix that bit, but I don't know about the vanishing/reappearing boxers or the ones who change ratings. Others have reported that and I can only assume Paul is working to fix it.

Try sending him a copy of your Saved Game via email.

Cap
monagfam

Post by monagfam »

Cap wrote:Not just you, mate. I've seen the same thing with boxers being replaced by others. Paul was able to fix that bit, but I don't know about the vanishing/reappearing boxers or the ones who change ratings. Others have reported that and I can only assume Paul is working to fix it.

Cap

Do you happen to recall how to fix it or what post discussed this? The fighters changing continues to plague my attempts at starting and keeping a universe going.

Thanks!
Cap

Post by Cap »

monagfam wrote:
Cap wrote:Not just you, mate. I've seen the same thing with boxers being replaced by others. Paul was able to fix that bit, but I don't know about the vanishing/reappearing boxers or the ones who change ratings. Others have reported that and I can only assume Paul is working to fix it.

Cap

Do you happen to recall how to fix it or what post discussed this? The fighters changing continues to plague my attempts at starting and keeping a universe going.

Thanks!
The problems have been mentioned here and on the OOTP sub-forum. Paul is aware and is working to correct in next version. Try emailing him with a detailed description of your problem and a copy of your Saved Game.
monagfam

Post by monagfam »

Thanks! I will likely start a new universe and if it also encounters problems I will look at emailing Paul.
Cap

Post by Cap »

Spoke too soon. Weird thing happened yesterday. When I opened my Fighters list I noticed Olle Tandberg, who was Post-Prime before had suddenly switched to Beginner. So I fixed it and when I looked today I notice that Illka Koski, who was prime, is now set at Beginner. Guess I should check all fighters career stage....

Cap
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

Guys, I am working extremely hard on OOTP at the moment but I hope to get back to TB very soon. I want to get TB3 ready for beta test as I feel confident these issues will be resolved. The most important thing for me is having TB3 stable and solid so these kinda things don;t happen anymore. It has been under test now for a while and the testing test are finding a lot if these kind of problems...
Cap

Post by Cap »

I think the problem is with fighters I had created with the RFG or imported from the forum. These particular boxers have multiple Prime ratings. Once I delete Freddie Daniels, Curly Lee, Earnie Shavers and Clay Washington then Olle Tandberg and Illka Koski return to the correct career stage. So I just need a way to get back into my current universe without it crashing so I can delete those four guys.

Cap
marciano6

Post by marciano6 »

Yes this also happens to me almost every time I play the game. This is extremely frustrating and I have stopped playing the game altogether because of this issue. I regret paying for this game so please 1. Make sure TBCB 3 runs fairly smoothly before release or 2. Take the time to look into/fix the game your customers spent money to purchase.
marciano6

Post by marciano6 »

Also when using auto scheduler my fighters often do not progress through their career stages properly although others do. Jack Dempsey is still in a beginning stage and he has over 25 fights under his belt.
Cap

Post by Cap »

marciano6 wrote:Also when using auto scheduler my fighters often do not progress through their career stages properly although others do. Jack Dempsey is still in a beginning stage and he has over 25 fights under his belt.
What do you have auto-aging set at? I have mine set to:

3-5 beginning
plus 8-12 at pre-prime
15-40 in prime
5-8 in post-prime
2-3 while in end
marciano6

Post by marciano6 »

Mine is similar to yours cap and nothing I do fixes the issue.
Cap

Post by Cap »

marciano6 wrote:Mine is similar to yours cap and nothing I do fixes the issue.
I had one guy who wasn't progressing past BEGINNING. When I looked at his Ratings I found his default was BEGINNING instead of PRIME.
owney69

Post by owney69 »

I just recently got the 2013 version and after 4 fights Jack Johnson - HW has disappeared. Can someone help?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Suggest that until the newest version comes out later this year or sometime next year you attempt to purchase TB 2.5 if that is still possible.
Rams30

Post by Rams30 »

I just got the game and I am having a number of boxers appear and disappear each time I load the game. The database appears to be very unstable. This is very frustrating.

Is there an update or fix coming soon or should I just table the game and just write it off for now?
nybred03

Re: Boxers appear in wrong weight class

Post by nybred03 »

Just opened the Straweight Division (Retired fighters) and discovered two errors so far: Tim Anderson and Tommy (Hurricane) Jackson are listed in the Straweight Division. Both were actually heavyweights, but don't appear anywhere in the Heavyweight Division.