Will there be a new version any time soon

Do you have an idea or improvement for TB? Or you can see what others are sugesting.

Moderator: Infinity

savair

Will there be a new version any time soon

Post by savair »

I am just curious
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Re: Will there be a new version any time soon

Post by Paul Norman »

It will be as soon as I can make it. Sorry this is not a precise answer but I am not always in control of the amount of time I have available to commit to TB3....
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Any chance you could release a demo or an early access version?
Cap

Post by Cap »

Very small window of time available to work on Title Bout and unfortunate appearance during testing of bugs and instability. Best of luck to Mr Norman. We're all pulling for you and the eventual release of something in the future, either by you or the next generation. Sad that few people will be around then who remember when boxing was an actual sport followed world-wide by millions, as opposed to the unsavoury niche entertainment it no doubt will be when the game finally does come out. Keep punching, but only on the arms and shock-absorbing helmets and vests. :D ;) :lol: :roll:
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I remember when we got to see those videos...so long ago now...for a little while I had hope that I might get to play this game...now I’m not convinced...starting to feel like I dreamt those videos...if how much he posts on here is anything to go by it seems like he is getting less and less time to work on it this year aswel :(
Cap

Post by Cap »

I suspect with each passing year there will be fewer and fewer of us who care if someone puts out a boxing game. Unfortunate that there is no other sport with an equally intense historical aspect to it. Baseball is a distant second in my book and I find, at my current age, it's difficult to really get in to team sports owned by billionaires and conglomerates and played by multi-millionaires. Problem with getting old is you remember when pro athletes were more like regular working guys. Sure the owners were rich dirtbags, but no one ever get much thought to them or even cared who they were.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

i had a dream that we actually got to play this game soon...joking...my dreams aren't that unrealistic :lol: but really i hope Paul is getting time to work on it at the moment
pilight

Post by pilight »

Cap wrote: Fri 11 May, 2018 6:22 pm I suspect with each passing year there will be fewer and fewer of us who care if someone puts out a boxing game.
A working game would generate interest. Unfortunately there's no way to market the current game because it's too buggy.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

pilight wrote: Sun 20 May, 2018 3:46 pm A working game would generate interest. Unfortunately there's no way to market the current game because it's too buggy.
Do you no if he is getting much time to work on it at the moment? You make it sound a long way off :cry:
Cap

Post by Cap »

Unless pilight is part of the test team, he's likely talking about TB2013 which is a write-off.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote: Mon 21 May, 2018 8:49 pm Unless pilight is part of the test team, he's likely talking about TB2013 which is a write-off.
I presumed he must be part of the team but maybe your rite...I hope your right because he makes it sound a long way off
pilight

Post by pilight »

Cap wrote: Mon 21 May, 2018 8:49 pm Unless pilight is part of the test team, he's likely talking about TB2013 which is a write-off.
Yeah, I was talking about TB2013.

Of course the new version is being programmed by the same people, so I am not optimistic about it.
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

i wonder when we will next get an update/any news/a video or even a ruff release date...almost half way through the year now and in a weird way it has never felt like it is going to take longer and we have not really had anything to give us hope that we will get to play it soon since we got teased with potential of getting to play it in january it feels so close yet so far away...i said it before but i just hope he is getting time to work on it
Cap

Post by Cap »

Would be nice if it comes out in time to save our existing 2.5 A.U.s before that version implodes on us.

Keep buying those lottery tickets. :)
Paul Norman
Site Admin

Post by Paul Norman »

TB3 is much more stable than TB2013 even in its buggy Alpha stage. My first job on TB3 was to re-write the database structure, including the online tools, to fix a lot of the data issues. Most of the bugs are logical ones and not crashes or Database errors. So at least that is solid!
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Paul Norman wrote: Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:55 pm My first job on TB3 was to re-write the database structure, including the online tools, to fix a lot of the data issues.
Any idea how long this could take? Sounds like a lot to me but for all I no programming this could be an afternoons work. Do you have a month in mind that your aiming to get the open beta out?
Cap

Post by Cap »

lewis9a wrote: Sun 24 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm
Paul Norman wrote: Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:55 pm My first job on TB3 was to re-write the database structure, including the online tools, to fix a lot of the data issues.
Any idea how long this could take? Sounds like a lot to me but for all I no programming this could be an afternoons work. Do you have a month in mind that your aiming to get the open beta out?
You mean a year.....
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

Cap wrote: Mon 25 Jun, 2018 7:10 pm
lewis9a wrote: Sun 24 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm
You mean a year.....
I hope not! Mind you I thought it wouldn’t be long at the beginning of the year...your probably rite :cry:
nybred03

Post by nybred03 »

Is this game dead now? Last version I have is 2013
lewis9a

Post by lewis9a »

I wonder if we r going to get a new title bout for Christmas :roll: :roll: :roll:
Cap

Post by Cap »

Short answer to initial question: No.
Hanson Bros

Post by Hanson Bros »

long answer is also no ... not until Paul gives or sells the rights to someone
Cap

Post by Cap »

Yeah. Paul should sell the rights and find another hobby to pursue endlessly. There's probably a big demand for a PC roller derby game or Jai Alai....or cricket or maybe Morris Dancing.