What are the perks to jailbreaking my iPhone? And if I do it

This forum is intended to act as technical support for users who have issues or questions regarding the PISD Webstore.
Urgek

What are the perks to jailbreaking my iPhone? And if I do it

Post by Urgek »

I'm planning on buying an 8gb iphone. I am already a customer for At&t and want to know a few things. 1) can i put my old sim card into the iphone and still use it? 2) How much will i pay for a new 8gb iphone with no contract? 3) will i have to pay more per month than what i'm paying now? 4) if you have an iphone, is it worth it?

Re: What are the perks to jailbreaking my iPhone? And if I do it

Post by PISD Support »

I have to admit I haven't ever Jailbroken an iPhone so I have no experience with the perks or consequences of doing so (simply put doing it would most likely break it as a legitimate development device). I haven't ever seen anything which a Jailbroken phone can do which has excited me enough to consider doing it to be frank.

It DOES allow you to run some additional applications which aren't available through the apple store (and ARENT tested by apple and could potentially be dangerous to your phones health) but it also invalidates your phones warranty and in a worst case scenario could 'brick' your phone.