Out of the Park Baseball 9 is the sequel to PC Gamer Magazine and Metacritic's "PC Game of the Year 2007",
simply the best baseball game on the market today!
OOTP 9 offers unparallelled flexibility in creating your own baseball world.
Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation:
make a simple, 8-team league, play a typical major league game with real 2008 rosters,
create a historical league with real players from any year between 1901 and 2007 or
build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge,
join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!
OOTP 9 is the closest most people can get to being the general manager of a real baseball team.
Handle GM tasks like drafts, trades, scouting, waivers, team finances and personnel. Negotiate player contracts.
Or, dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy.
You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing pitch by pitch while reading the great play-by-play
commentary and listening to high-quality crowd sound effects. OOTP 9 also has a vibrant and helpful user community,
and an active one that creates a vast number of user customizations that you can use to further improve your gaming experience, including special roster sets, logos, player images, and more.
Linux Notes: If you already own a licence for OOTP9 on either Windows or Mac then you can apply for a $20 discount by emailing your licence order ID, full name and email address to firstname.lastname@example.org. This discount is subject to your licence being verified and is valid until 31st December 2008.
You will need to meet the following dependencies. If you are unsure, download the demo and ensure it runs on your system before purchasing.
- linux-gate.so.1 => (0xffffe000)
- libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 (0x40042000)
- libz.so.1 => /lib/libz.so.1 (0x40133000)
- libXxf86vm.so.1 => /usr/lib/libXxf86vm.so.1 (0x40147000)
- libmysqlclient.so.15 => /usr/lib/libmysqlclient.so.15 (0x4014c000)
- libasound.so.2 => /usr/lib/libasound.so.2 (0x402b9000)
- libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1 (0x4039e000)
- libc.so.6 => /lib/i686/libc.so.6 (0x403ac000)
- libm.so.6 => /lib/i686/libm.so.6 (0x404fa000)
- libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40520000)
- libpthread.so.0 => /lib/i686/libpthread.so.0 (0x40524000)
- /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
- libX11.so.6 => /usr/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x4053c000)
- libXext.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXext.so.6 (0x4064e000)
- libssl.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8 (0x4065f000)
- libcrypto.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 (0x406ac000)
- librt.so.1 => /lib/i686/librt.so.1 (0x40834000)
- libxcb-xlib.so.0 => /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 (0x4083d000)
- libxcb.so.1 => /usr/lib/libxcb.so.1 (0x4083f000)
- libXau.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXau.so.6 (0x4085d000)
- libXdmcp.so.6 => /usr/lib/libXdmcp.so.6 (0x40860000)